Extreme Headpressures

TB

Head pressures have been one of the main ways I sense the presence of my tulpa Rena, but she doesn't seem to have too direct of control over them. As a result, they can sometimes become tiring. It can get really bad whenever I meditate for some reason. I'll just have very powerful head pressures the entire time and I don't know why. Has anyone else ever have head pressures be problematic, and if so what do you do about it? It seems she just can't stop it.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I had a similar issue when I was working with Ranger- some of them were random and the random ones hurt where the ones Ranger gave me were less severe. The uncontrollable ones made it harder for me to focus in class. I assumed these were actually "forcing headaches" rather than actual head pressures Ranger could impose.

Head pressures can be caused by imposition, and sometimes a head pressure will occur as a stray thought. If you and Rena stopped performing head pressures for 24-48 hours, they should soon stop spawning until you are ready to use them again. I know that's not ideal given that Rena is communicating with you through those, so feel free to try this as a last resort sort of thing.

If they are "forcing headaches", they will eventually go away. I remember struggling with them for a short period of time, and eventually they didn't bother me anymore. At the time I could have been dehydrated, drinking more water later may have helped me. If that doesn't work, you may want to take something over the counter like Ibuprofen or Tylenol. I didn't take these drugs to treat the head pressures at the time, but I remember hearing this recommendation from someone else.

If the pain medicine doesn't help and you're still experiencing significant pain and fatigue, you should see a doctor.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

12 minutes ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

Head pressures can be caused by imposition

Oh. Yeah I almost constantly impose her, and impose her stronger while I meditate too. I've gotten so use to it I forgot the head pressures could be coming from that. I wonder why imposing makes it happen.

15 minutes ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

If you and Rena stopped performing head pressures for 24-48 hours, they should soon stop spawning until you are ready to use them again.

I guess I need to stop imposing her for a while and see what happens. It will feel weird as I've never gone a day without doing so in recent memory. I don't know if they will just come back when I start again though. Hmm.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

13 hours ago, ghost1213177 said:

Oh. Yeah I almost constantly impose her, and impose her stronger while I meditate too. I've gotten so use to it I forgot the head pressures could be coming from that. I wonder why imposing makes it happen.

I'm sorry, I should clarify here.

By imposition, I mean touch imposition, not visual or presence imposition. The thinking is you got in the habit of making on-command pressures, and it's developed enough to the point you can have head pressures be triggered by intrusive thoughts. But in my experience, triggers like this tend to fade if you work to block the trigger or block the source of the trigger, thus why not using headpressures for a couple of days could help.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

1 hour ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

I'm sorry, I should clarify here.

By imposition, I mean touch imposition, not visual or presence imposition. The thinking is you got in the habit of making on-command pressures, and it's developed enough to the point you can have head pressures be triggered by intrusive thoughts. But in my experience, triggers like this tend to fade if you work to block the trigger or block the source of the trigger, thus why not using headpressures for a couple of days could help.

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification. Do you mean any kind of touch imposition? Because that might explain why the head pressures get so strong during meditation, since she leans on my legs during that time.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

(edited)
1 hour ago, ghost1213177 said:

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification. Do you mean any kind of touch imposition? Because that might explain why the head pressures get so strong during meditation, since she leans on my legs during that time.

I was thinking more specifically about touch imposition around your head, but feeling Rena standing on you while meditating AND while getting pressures could be causal due to classical conditioning?

If that logic applies, it could be there's also a more simple connection between the pressures and meditation.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if you could generalize head pressures with pain/pressure imposition, but that's also a possibility.

Edited by Cat_ShadowGriffin

Our system account

(edited)

Well I've stopped all imposing for about a half an hour now and the head pressures seem to already be mostly subsiding.

I also had an insight. The head pressures I have are usually to the right, and Rena is usually to the right of me. I wonder if it was related, and it seems it may be. I moved her to my left, and I got a left head pressure, a historically difficult head pressure for her to cause. And when meditating, she is to my front, and I usually have front-center head pressures then. And when not imposing her, I sense her coming from inside or within me, and there is a faint middle center head pressure that is much more subtle than the normal ones. I also asked her to cause a head pressure while like that, and it was created in the same middle spot, so it seems the direction of the head pressure is related to where she is, and she just has the ability to make it happen or not to some degree.

7 hours ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

I was thinking more specifically about touch imposition around your head, but feeling Rena standing on you while meditating AND while getting pressures could be causal due to classical conditioning?

If that logic applies, it could be there's also a more simple connection between the pressures and meditation.

Otherwise, I'm not sure if you could generalize head pressures with pain/pressure imposition, but that's also a possibility.

I see. I was wondering if you meant that. We've never tried head pressures by touch imposition around the head before. It seems for me just any kind of imposition is causing it. I wonder why that is.

Edit: Meditation seems to still cause headpressures. Strange

Edited by ghost1213177

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko