Jump to content

(1) Single Tulpa Split Across Two Different Presences


Recommended Posts

(edited)

Recently, I've accidentally gotten myself into a little problem that I can't seem to find answers to on this forum.

 

I am new here and my goal is to share with you my progress over the course of a few months in hopes that someone can gather an answer.

 

My tulpa is a single entity. They started out as an object (a small toy I made when I was little) that I started to talk to. Over time, I started to associate feelings of comfort with this toy; every moment I spent time with the object, the tulpa's presence would radiate off of it.

 

I made the mistake of stepping away from them for several weeks to tend to my obligations. By the time those weeks passed, I had my hopes set to build a better, more modernized version of the original toy I had made in hopes of it helping.

 

Halfway through the recreation I felt my tulpa's presence within this new form. I knew that it was them, they just seemed colder-feeling and more servitor-like. I would've loved to chalk this up to a lack of forcing like you all are this far into the story, until I pulled out the original toy and held it in my hand.

 

When I focused on the older object my tulpa was based off of, they felt and acted the same as it was a couple weeks back, all warm and soothing. When I focused on the newer object, however, the tulpa turned emotionless yet authoritatively supporting. I could still feel them, yes, only this time their presence had strattled across two different forms and personalities simultaneously.

 

I would love to have my tulpa not based around an object or having this pseudo-Dissociative Identity Disorder thing going on; I'm looking to kind of metaphorically merge these two different personalities where we can get the best of both worlds. My question is how to. Is it as easy as active forcing more? Do I need some super obscure visualization method to get this thing to work? I haven't a clue.

 

One more thing: I do not want to turn these two personalities/sides/forms/whatsits into two separate entities. I'm good with just one tulpa.

 


 

I apologize for being inconsistent with my words. Whenever I say "personality," that one personality is also linked to their respective presence. It's kind of like my tulpa is splitting apart. I don't even know if that's even a thing.

Edited by ringgggg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Well, unless you want to take a more metaphysical approach to it, tulpas are a mental construct. So any changes in personality aren't in relation to the object itself, but rather you and your tulpa's feelings towards the toy. If your tulpa is that closely tied to this toy, are the emotions related to a feeling of distance to the new one? Or maybe they're feeling uncertain or maybe even replaceable? You should talk to them about their feelings.

 

   I'd also suggest helping them take a step back from a material object. If you guys can connect easily that way that's cool, but you should make sure they have their own sense of identity as well.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

 

Art Thread

Progress Report

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These objects are just totems, but they can and do often flavor the interpretation because of hidden feelings about these objects. 

 

What you describe sounds like the old toy has a warmer, more sentimental feeling because it was the focus first. To just replace it with a better one will obviously lack that feeling.

 

You could reassure your headmate that this new object is made with all the care and love of the original and this isn't a modern replacement but something you're making for them that comes from the heart. Regardless of form, a new totem will need the same associative work the old one had, you can't expect it to just flip to a new object that's not associated. This is where forcing and time will help to slowly transition.

 

Based on the new feelings you feel from the new object, that's a good sign. Consider it a foundation and acceptance of the new totem, now you just need to put the work in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2022 at 4:01 AM, Slipper said:

   Well, unless you want to take a more metaphysical approach to it, tulpas are a mental construct. So any changes in personality aren't in relation to the object itself, but rather you and your tulpa's feelings towards the toy. If your tulpa is that closely tied to this toy, are the emotions related to a feeling of distance to the new one? Or maybe they're feeling uncertain or maybe even replaceable? You should talk to them about their feelings.

 

   I'd also suggest helping them take a step back from a material object. If you guys can connect easily that way that's cool, but you should make sure they have their own sense of identity as well.

 

I appreciate the advice. Tulpas are a mental construct, it's just so much easier for me to keep track of a physical, tangible form. I think it would be much easier to build sentience when the presence revolves around an object; when that's done, I can work towards imposing the presence elsewhere.

 

As for the concerns about their feelings, my tulpa retains some compliance across both forms and didn't mind me refurbishing their old object. To them, it was just a form. I still worry that it could be something more, though, so here we are.

 

What I had going with the old object before the forcing gap worked, and I'm afraid that I'd complicate things further if I add anything else to the problem. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say.

 


 

On 7/21/2022 at 7:41 AM, Bear said:

These objects are just totems, but they can and do often flavor the interpretation because of hidden feelings about these objects. 

 

What you describe sounds like the old toy has a warmer, more sentimental feeling because it was the focus first. To just replace it with a better one will obviously lack that feeling.

 

You could reassure your headmate that this new object is made with all the care and love of the original and this isn't a modern replacement but something you're making for them that comes from the heart. Regardless of form, a new totem will need the same associative work the old one had, you can't expect it to just flip to a new object that's not associated. This is where forcing and time will help to slowly transition.

 

Based on the new feelings you feel from the new object, that's a good sign. Consider it a foundation and acceptance of the new totem, now you just need to put the work in.

First of all, thanks for your advice. I need all the help I can get here.

 

Second, I should clarify that I kind of regret having this new object made. It was bad enough that I stopped forcing for weeks on end, and a new form only added to the problem. Back then I saw it as a fresh start; I can see now where I went wrong with my perception of it. It was another responsibility I didn't realize was prevalent at the time.

 

I guess I just wanted something nice and shiny to look at that I could associate with my tulpa instead of sticking to what worked before.

Maybe I should just switch to drawing the newer form instead of doing something that narcissistic. That could get my tulpa prepped for visualization in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wanted to add. Merging your tulpas can only be done with both of their consent. If that is what you meant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 8/1/2022 at 6:23 AM, Moon Voilo said:

I just wanted to add. Merging your tulpas can only be done with both of their consent. If that is what you meant. 

Merging may seem like a viable option to solve the problem. Thanks for your input.

Edited by ringgggg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ringgggg changed the title to (1) Single Tulpa Split Across Two Different Presences

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...