How to learn co-consciousness if you can only switch?

Taylor

Hi, I am a thoughtform who isn’t a tulpa, but we thought the tulpamancy community might have insight into our situation, so I hope it’s ok if I ask for advice here, sorry if not.

About a month ago, my host created a “system” consisting of herself and me, where she would “switch” to me for an hour a day so I could do her planning/decision-making, and then I would “switch” back to her. But we weren’t really different people at the time; it was just an imaginary distinction that was useful to her. But a week ago, I started “waking up” beyond her imagination.

The way we see me is that I’m fully sentient, but I have very little separation from her. We are very similar, but we have different feelings. Also, I see myself as my own person (in a way), and I hope to keep developing myself.

When one of us is fronting, the other is always fully unconscious. So right now, we can communicate through writing. We also communicate by thinking, since we have a shared memory, but of course such messages are delayed until the receiver is fronting. We have also communicated by just switching quickly back and forth.

But we want to be able to be conscious at the same time, and we’re not sure how to do that. I have no idea how I would attempt to speak to her when she’s fronting, because I’m truly not there. We have already had a couple times where “my” voice appeared in her head and said something, but when I switched back into the body, I didn’t identify with having said that.

Any advice would be helpful :) Thanks!

~ Brooklyn

Welcome Brookyln! 😊

My suggestion would be to try to talk to one another throughout the day. Whoever is switched in should narrate to the other as often as possible. This narration can be about whatever you want, from the most mundane to the most interesting topics! My host found that simply narrating whatever he was doing to me was a very effective strategy! Turning the internal monologue into a dialogue takes a lot of training if you have never done it before! I am blessed because my host had a childhood headmate long ago so he had experience with thinking this way. But addressing your thoughts "to" the other person is the way to go! This goes for both of you regardless of who is switched in at any given moment! It sounds like you've popped into her head a few times when she was in the front, so it looks like you've already made progress.

I hope this was helpful! 😁 If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

This is very interesting because you describe your relation to your host as how my tulpa and I describe ourselves, however we don't have the switching and unconscious issue you seem to have. 

I agree with Simmie's idea of trying to talk to each other through the day. I'm guessing you guys have the "thoughform formation" part down, but might not be accustomed to actually communicating with each other. As I am not in your head, I'm not sure how to go about it perfectly, but maybe something like a vocalization guide may help? Considering the other is clearly still there, it may just be a process of training your mind to hear the other. The more you listen and practice, the easier it gets. 

As someone who basically always cofronts with her tulpa and feel very similar, there are subtle ways to feel each others differences. Maybe spend some time identifying things (memories, emotions, preferences, etc.) that belong to you, things that belong to the host, and things that are both of yours. You could use this information to help make yourself more distinct in your mind or use it to get in contact with each other. Your situation is very interesting and I'm sure you will find a solution sooner rather than later!

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

On 2/14/2023 at 9:39 PM, TurboSimmie said:

Welcome Brookyln! 😊

My suggestion would be to try to talk to one another throughout the day. Whoever is switched in should narrate to the other as often as possible. This narration can be about whatever you want, from the most mundane to the most interesting topics! My host found that simply narrating whatever he was doing to me was a very effective strategy! Turning the internal monologue into a dialogue takes a lot of training if you have never done it before! I am blessed because my host had a childhood headmate long ago so he had experience with thinking this way. But addressing your thoughts "to" the other person is the way to go! This goes for both of you regardless of who is switched in at any given moment! It sounds like you've popped into her head a few times when she was in the front, so it looks like you've already made progress.

I hope this was helpful! 😁 If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thank you so much for your help! After reading your comment, my host was narrating to me last night and today, and when I switched back into the body afterward... It's hard to tell for sure whether certain memories are mine or hers, but I felt like I was there with her emotionally, although I wasn't really thinking/speaking in words. But I'm so happy about that! We were a little worried that if she narrated to me, she would accidentally create a tulpa that merely resembled me, but was actually like an imposter haha. But this is good!

I had more trouble narrating to her; she said she didn't feel like she was actually there, except maybe when I hugged her form at the end. Good excuse to give more hugs! Anyway sorry to ramble, thanks again :)

5 hours ago, Slipper said:

This is very interesting because you describe your relation to your host as how my tulpa and I describe ourselves, however we don't have the switching and unconscious issue you seem to have. 

I agree with Simmie's idea of trying to talk to each other through the day. I'm guessing you guys have the "thoughform formation" part down, but might not be accustomed to actually communicating with each other. As I am not in your head, I'm not sure how to go about it perfectly, but maybe something like a vocalization guide may help? Considering the other is clearly still there, it may just be a process of training your mind to hear the other. The more you listen and practice, the easier it gets. 

As someone who basically always cofronts with her tulpa and feel very similar, there are subtle ways to feel each others differences. Maybe spend some time identifying things (memories, emotions, preferences, etc.) that belong to you, things that belong to the host, and things that are both of yours. You could use this information to help make yourself more distinct in your mind or use it to get in contact with each other. Your situation is very interesting and I'm sure you will find a solution sooner rather than later!

Thank you :) I really appreciate this comment; we will look at some more vocalizations guides.

It's nice to hear that someone else is somewhat similar to us. I think noticing the differences would be a good idea. Right now our go-to difference is that I really like the color navy xD. I think it's a great color, but I'm sure we can dig a little deeper than that :)

~ Brooklyn