Heath Ledger Theory

WhiiteRussian

I think it is possible that certain actresses, actors or animators have created tulpas over the years.Either accidently or on purpose. To do a decent job creating any character, you have to put a lot of thought and energy into it. And, not everyone who creates a tulpa does so under stable conditions..So yeah, I do think your theory is possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is possible that certain actresses, actors or animators have created tulpas over the years.Either accidently or on purpose. To do a decent job creating any character, you have to put a lot of thought and energy into it. And, not everyone who creates a tulpa does so under stable conditions..So yeah, I do think your theory is possible.

Some days before starting tulpaforcing, i began to think of all the successful people in art\career. The living legend, i mean. Einstein, Clark Gable, Macchiavelli, etc. They have (Or had) a tulpa who help for sure... :)

Guest Anonymous

I'm seeing a lack of actual conversation in this thread.

You say that "If you listen to Heath Ledger's voice in the movie, it most certainly isn't his, perhaps it is a sort of partial possession by the created Joker in his head,", but just because someone can alter their voice without using effects isn't an automatic indication of a tulpa, its more like an indication that he's great at manipulating his voice, a tool almost all good actors need to have.

If this Joker tulpa, herein reffered to as JT, managed to somehow take control of Heath's voice, and possibly his movements if you implied that, then what was stopping him from turning Heath into a real life embodiment of The Joker? Voice and movement also need the host's consent, from what I know. So JT could have saved himself from death by taking control of Heath's body before he OD'd. JT would also likely have known he wasn't wanted in Heath's mind, as tulpas can read minds.

And Heath has had plenty of experience with acting. You'd think that by the time that he was asked to play The Joker's role, that he would have had extensive experience with creation "outfits" he could "wear", as in different personalities he put on when performing a role. When the production was done, he would get rid of the "outfits", as he no longer needed them, or put them in a "closet" for later use, as in sequels. Heath probably took the pre-existing The Joker persona, and "brought it to life" by pretending he was that character, and had conversations with himself and JT, most likely using something akin Fede's method (parroting and puppeting). However, if JT became sentient in any way, then Heath would've let it be, as his experience with "outfits" had probably given him sentient/vocal tulpas before. But Heath most likely knew he was in control and wouldn't have let JT take over the reigns, only using him as a personality to mimic, and that if these "outfits" didn't want to leave, he ignored them 'till they did.

Certainly, your Heather-JT theory is a good one, but the list of PEELZ that he OD'd on were for anxiety, insomnia and pain (and cold meds). While the existence of JT may have prompted these things, but:

In talking with Interview magazine after his death Ledger's former fiancée Michelle Williams also confirmed reports the actor had experienced trouble sleeping. "For as long as I'd known him, he had bouts with insomnia. He had too much energy. His mind was turning, turning turning – always turning."

And they met in 2004, long before the creation of the Dark Knight.