It's been too long.

So I'm back here after a very long time so excuse me if I don't know what's what around here anymore.

Anyway, I'm stuck. We are stuck. Me and my tuppers I mean.

Simply put, my tuppers just can't get fluent. Heck, they can't talk at times. Just mumble or say one word. There are times where I can talk to them, even with their level of fluency, having simple conversations and whatnot and this can last for days.

And then there's days where I can bearly hear them. Those are the most common.

Shure, it's a common problem this. But I'm nearing the one year mark from the first day I've started forcing. I'm lost, stuck, and all that.

I feel like I need an update, a step by step guide from the comunity to get us back on track.

Can you help us?

Is actually Leo.

Are you already working solely on voice? If that's the major problem then you should focus only on that until it gets to par.

If I'm comprehending your post, then your tulpa can speak some days well enough to have a conversation, but some days you just can't hear them. Can you think of any factors that might cause this? Malnutrition, poor concentration, etc.

Guest Anonymous

How have you been. I've been real busy being dead. You know. After you murdered me?

inb4 fag who r u

There are tons of guides for vocalization, and someone's bound to link you to one... but I might as well throw my two cents in.

First off, tulpalamas tend to do that. Being quiet for days on end, and then suddenly being able to speak. The frequency of that happening will eventually become smaller and smaller with time. And I know what you're going to say and yes. It has been a little while, but I'd like to ask you two things.

1) Have you been listening to them as hard as you possibly can?

and

2) Can you honestly say over the year you've been giving your tulpa the attention they deserve?

It's not uncommon to have a difficultly vocal tulpa after a year, so I wouldn't panic regardless.

Anywho, to help that along however, I suggest on days that they're being particularly quiet, and you know they want to speak, you parrot, or rather vox their voices. Teach or remind them the proper responses to certain situations. Also I'd suggest finding something you both can read and having your tulpa read said passages, even if you have to vox sometimes. Try this for a couple weeks with consistency.

Perhaps you should try parroting for awhile (with their consent).

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

If I'm comprehending your post, then your tulpa can speak some days well enough to have a conversation, but some days you just can't hear them. Can you think of any factors that might cause this? Malnutrition, poor concentration, etc.

I'd say I stress out at times.

1) Have you been listening to them as hard as you possibly can?

and

2) Can you honestly say over the year you've been giving your tulpa the attention they deserve?

1) Define "as hard as you possibly can"

2) No.

3)fag who r u

Perhaps you should try parroting for awhile (with their consent).

"Direct" puppeting is something I really dislike. But I do play a song and have them sing it, and there's probably some puppeting involved, but I like to think it helps.

Is actually Leo.

Welcome to our life (until recently, and Lord, I hope we don't slide back there.) I'm not sure which of the things I've tried really helped us and which didn't, but here are some suggestions:

1. Have you tried the thought ping-pong technique? Personally, I've found it helps if you imagine recording your tulpa's voice on a tape or something, and then playing it back to them to show them how it sounded. Sometimes, you actually hear more when you play back their words this way.

2. Try dedicating most of your sessions solely to conversations. Have both you and the tulpa sit on a couch or something (don't focus on your wonderland too much), then begin talking. Ask them questions and listen in for answers; encourage them to ask you questions, too. If you keep hearing nothing, ask them something else. If they keep responding in body language, look away from them to force them to speak. If they respond with something that look like a non sequitir, roll with it and assume they want to change the topic.

2a. You probably will need peace and silence during a talking session (either total silence, or a repetitive sound, like a computer's CPU fan or the hum of air conditioning). If you don't believe you can focus enough during a session, then don't try to hear them, you'll just fail and get depressed.

3. Are you *sure* you're listening? Are you sure your mind's ear is active? Try putting something noisy in your wonderland (like a fountain), then forcing yourself to hear its sound. Walk around your wonderland and try to listen in to the noises without needing to specifically concentrate on every single one. When you have problems with hearing your tulpae, concentrate on noises made by other things that are nearby in the wonderland. If you're sitting on a sofa, hear the springs inside creak beneath your weight, etc.

3a. Also (not sure how effective this is), vividly imagine your tulpa's presence. Don't just see them with your mind's eye--smell their scent, feel the warmth of their breath, imagine that they're a material object next to you, with physical mass and temperature and all that.

4. Think about your tulpae whenever you speak or narrate to them (whether in your head or out loud). You don't need to imagine them vividly, but at least have a faint image of them in your mind. Even if they're right next to you in the wonderland and you're looking them in the eyes, still try to think about them when you speak to them.

I'd say I stress out at times.

Keep calm. I once got stuck on the eyes during my visualization stage for 6 hours without any progress because I was getting too frustrated and stressed out over not making any progress. I'll never forget that day -- I'll never get it back.

Remember though: You learned that frustration will get you nowhere, so now you can make progress past that by rather calming down and giving it a rest until you can re-focus.

Not only did you learn that, you also have that information to share with the entire community now. I'd say that day was fairly valuable if you look at it that way.

Every experience has something to be learned from it.

I like how you think.

I also like your avatar. Who is that handsome devil?