Dali Key Experiment

Quilten

Hello, all, Phaneron here.

I'm sure some of you have heard about this phenomenon before, but I'd like to start a discussion on it and other things that are similar. To start, most of you should know by now that there are 3 main stages of sleep: The lightest being the semi-conscious, vivid mind image stage, the second being normal sleep, and then the last being deep or REM sleep.

Salvador Dali, the famous surrealist painter, used to sit in a hard, bony armchair and lean his head back in a resting position. His hands were hanging over the ends of the chair's arms, and in one of his hands, between two fingers, he delicately, barely held onto a large, heavy key. On the floor beneath the key was a metal dish turned upside-down, and when he went into actual sleep, the key would fall from his fingers and hit the dish, causing a loud noise that promptly woke him to find that he remembered all of the seemingly random images that were vividly projected to him just moments ago in his half-consciousnesses.

Of course, Dali was doing this for creative inspiration, and I've done some similar things to receive images that float through my mind and remember them for later application. I was wondering if anyone else has done this sort of thing, and if so, how and for what purpose? What were your results? As well, what could the implications for tulpae, or forcing in general? Possibly in the context of visualization or imposition of tulpae and wonderlands?

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Of course, Dali was doing this for creative inspiration, and I've done some similar things to receive images that float through my mind and remember them for later application.

This reminds me of Nikola Tesla, who presumably had a high visual prowess. He claimed:

“My method is different. I do not rush into actual work. When I get a new idea' date=' I start at once building it up in my imagination, and make improvements and operate the device in my mind. When I have gone so far as to embody everything in my invention, every possible improvement I can think of, and when I see no fault anywhere, I put into concrete form the final product of my brain.” [/quote']

Whether or not that was actually true, there’s people like Thomas Edison, Einstein, and a few others that did anything to increase their intelligence. For what Dali did, it would be akin to some techniques for lucid dreaming (e.g. Wake-Initated-Lucid-Dream), and here’s how it usually goes:

1. The person rests somewhere comfortable on their back

2. They put one of their arms in an “L” position

3. As they’re descending into their natural sleep, their elbows will drop onto the bed

4. They repeat this so they’ll know they’re drifting into sleep, and hopefully be able to succeed in a WILD

Some anecdotes from dreaming forums (LD4All, Dream Views, etc.) stated they’ve managed to see certain mental imagery and were able to use the visualizations as a precedent to get into the dreaming state. In Dali’s case, he just seemed to let whatever ideas flush into his mind just before he would shift into deeper sleep (which would be similar to theta and delta wave states).

I was wondering if anyone else has done this sort of thing, and if so, how and for what purpose? What were your results? As well, what could the implications for tulpae, or forcing in general? Possibly in the context of visualization or imposition of tulpae and wonderlands?

For the past few months, I’ve done something similar to it, though I’m mostly deriving from a mental application that Win Wenger made called “Image Streaming.”

It’s merely a theory, and you can find more information about it here:

http://www.winwenger.com/imstream.htm

Dr. Wenger is making an ad hoc claim (for the time being) that speaking aloud of what goes on in your mind while you close your eyes presumably connects certain cortical regions of the brain that never used to be “linked” together. It’s about combining verbal cognition along with visual cognition, and with practice, one would theoretically gain visual prowess and overall augmentation of intelligence.

Since I can’t really speak for 3 hours (without sounding like a madman), I usually derive from that technique and just type down what I see and experience, add the tulpa into the equation, and just go through an experiential virtual reality in my head.

To some, it would be narrating, since I find myself imagining my tulpas (and myself occasionally) going through an adventure. I see it more as forcing in general, it’s just a combination of all sorts of terminology on this forum.

And although I can only give you personal anecdotes, my visualization has increased tremendously, and recently, I’ve been getting hallucinations after doing the image streaming along with isochronic and binaural beats. I’m focusing more on Theta because those tones presumably creates similar effects with dream-like state of being.

Yesterday I did three hours of forcing and found myself getting detailed visualization and increased concentration.

It usually starts out as images, but for me now, it’s just a constant flowing experience as if I were to have a lucid dream. Lately I have to start forcing more than 90 minutes because it's too enjoyable to be cut off that quickly.

I just prefer using what my mind can create that can be used for narration and increasing forcing skills rather than repeating experiential learnings with my tulpa over and over again. But don’t take my word for it though.

I was about to post that same lucid dreaming technique. I've used it when I'm meditating or forcing and I think I might fall asleep. I've never used it for the imagery though, which might be interesting.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"