Isn't it possible that these Shadow People could be Servitors? Just a thought..

ShadowServitor

Isn't it possible that these Shadow People could be Servitors or Egregores? Seems logical enough. Because they say these shadows are sometimes brought on by sleep paralyses and even more so when one is thinking of them I've heard stories where some people will think about them excessively to the point were they'll begin to see them not just in their peripheral vision, but head on, and they seem to wanna rush up at you.. I've experienced it multiple times and is why i am beginning to suspect these Shadow people/person are actually a rogue or unintentional Thought form.

Even the patterns in both the Shadow entity and the Servitor's behavior is a lot alike! At least from what I've read on here and in books about Servitors and even Egregores. It also follows right in with the Laws of the Universe, "As You Believe, So Shall It Be."

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, opinions on this i'd love to hear!

~Eve

[Edit: Removed dark blue color from half of message, it was hard to read on dark gray and appeared accidental -mod]

~Eve

"In order to appreciate the light, one must spend time in darkness."

I have experienced this once. Scary as hell. I would believe they relate to thoughtforms such as Tulpa in some way. But I remember the experience to be much, much different to the company of my Tulpa.

I can't really say much, it's pretty undescribable other than it being scary. But what I can say is, what makes it different from a regular bad drug trip from a hallucinogenic? They are just an image of something and it induces great fear.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

I am schizophrenic, and one of my recurring hallucinations is a night terror from my childhood, you guessed it. a large shadow man.

Still scares me to death, but I've gotten used to him. Other than that, just what NED said.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Hmm.. interesting. Thank you both for your thoughts! I am now unsure of whether or not these shadows i see are the tulpa I've been working on and has some how gone evil or if there is something that has been drawn to me when i fist began manifesting my tulpa. Because it seems like whenever i try to work with my thought form that's when the shadows start in on me, and as of recently it's been hard to work on forcing the tulpa because of my waning concentration. Also been having problems with hearing my own voice inside my head in the form of my own thoughts, which is confusing at times and has been very conflicting! It's almost been a year now and i still can't seem to figure out what exactly is going on. That is why i posted about this and yes, i know exactly what you mean Ned! It would seem fear and negative emotions is what feeds them, especially when they rush up at you! It's very unnerving.. It is one of the main reasons i wanted a tulpa, because i am a paranormal investigator and i wanted a tulpa as a means of protection from certain spirits.

~Eve

~Eve

"In order to appreciate the light, one must spend time in darkness."

Well, I can tell you that your tulpa would never intentionally harm you, scare you, or become "evil" without you explicitly making it that way, so you can scratch that off the list.

More likely than not, based on what you have said, you're just having some serious concentration problems and intrusive thoughts. I suggest trying various exercises, many can be found on this website, that help your focus and concentration abilities. With enough conditioning, you should either stop having the problem completely, or at least be able to control it.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

[/align]

Never a problem :)

[/align]

Many people who suffer from dissociative symptoms or outright DID report experiencing "shadow people". One viable hypothesis is that these manifestations result from repressed or negative emotions and memories, or aggressive impulses that is denied expression. You can't hide from your shadow indefinitely; it wants to be known.

I'm hesitant to make concrete distinctions between any of the semantic terms related to 'tulpa,' but I think it's absolutely possible to have an unintentional thoughtform wax rogue if you have a poor grasp of your emotions and unconscious mechanisms. It's the subliminal self that governs our tulpa(s), and here there (may) be monsters. The only way to prevent haunting yourself is to confront -- to use a cliché -- your so-called "inner demons".

(Also, I vote for this thread being moved to the "metaphysical" section. I can see it sliding rapidly toward esoterism.)