Suggestions are always fun

Guest Anonymous

Oh forget about that(if you wish I can give you clearer explaination and it can help tulpaforcing too).

Anyway,maybe just maybe I found out the problem with your visualisation(why did I not thought of that before I wonder)...You said(or wrote)that you can only see black colour when you close your eyes well obviously you will only see those colours...your problem is that you are expecting images to appear behind your eyelids or in other words in place of that blackness...well thats not the case.

You have to see through your mind's eye.example-when you think how you looked in mirror yesterday that thought is always accompanied with an imaginery image and that is what seeing with mind's eye is -Imagining.When you are visualising imagine the thing there instead of expecting it to appear in front of closed physical eyes.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure you're thoroughly reading my posts. A couple back, I stated, "Also no, I'm not trying to see images on the backs of my eyelids.. My mind's eye just normally draws blank. I can get faint images, for very short amounts of time, but they aren't an awful big help."

As well as that, I've been around an alright amount of time. I understand how each concept is supposed to work, at least as much as I can having not experienced them, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.. Or if I am, I can't tell.

I'm just not getting more than very pathetic imagery, if even that at most times. When my mind's eye isn't picking anything up, yes, it goes straight to my eyelids. Maybe it's a matter of not being able to properly focus, I don't know.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry I just thought maybe you misunderstood the meaning of back of eyelids.Anyway,in this case you can practice by looking at something carefully for a minute and close your eyes then visualise it as much accurately as possible.I think you can only practice for now...

I guess.

I'm not so good at even that, but if it might help, I'll try and get it down.

You don't have to spend a ton of hours a week on forcing or whatever. I can't even do that. Heck, last night I could only do 15 minutes before draining myself and having to stop. If you try too hard you'll just tire your mind out and make it feel much more boring than it should be. Like when you work for hours on a tedious task and then suddenly it becomes super hard to concentrate because you're so bored of trying.

If you DO feel the need to get in more hours you could just force at shorter intervals. Like 20-30 minutes at a time. Then take a break for however long you need, then go at at again. If you keep things fresh they will become less of a chore.

Oh, also a good visualization/concentration exercise I do is counting. Usually my fingers. In your head imagine yourself holding your hands out and slowly counting them all. If the image loses focus you have to start over.

[align=center]“From my rotting body,

flowers shall grow

and I am in them

and that is eternity.”[/align]

Sounds simple enough. I'll try it later.

I'm lucky if I manage thirty or so minutes in a day. So far today, I've narrated about fifteen solid minutes, and I'm hardly in the mood for anymore. It'll probably be about the same tomorrow, as well.

Just never motivated, I guess. The process so far has been the polar opposite of enjoyable, so it takes a lot of work to convince myself to do anything.

When I do though, I don't treat Miriam like a hassle or anything, because it's not really her, it's my attention span and inability to visualize well. She's fine, nothing's her fault I don't think, but the process in itself can get bent repeatedly.

Why don't you write a story about her? That seems to have worked for sentience for many people, and I notice you call yourself a writer several times in your PR.

Oh god you actually read through all of that? I'm so sorry.

I'm not sure how that works, exactly. I mean.. No, I don't actually have much to say for it, I just don't understand how one might go about that. Does she have dialogue? Is there some kinda template I'd use? Like, regarding structure?

Explain it to me, if you could.

Have you tried open-eyed visualization? That helped out a lot for me. I leave my eyes open, and try to focus on something on my mind; usually just being in a place, letting Sim (my tulpa) do her own thing with her form. I try to immerse myself as though I'm actually in a place.

[sim Manami]

{Alice}

(Cloud)

I have, with mixed results. Sometimes while I'm narrating here at skool, I can get a vague.. Idea, of where she is, or what she might be doing. Sitting at an empty desk, leaning over with her elbows propping her up at a table, or whatever. I can't see it, it's just something I imagine that she is doing, and it's more of an implied thing.. I don't know how to describe it.

Generally though, I have a lot of other stuff going on in my head at school, so it's hard to focus. Then at home, I just have no will to work. It's almost paining when I do, it's so boring.