Sensory deprivation

Hey guys I was wondering, if sensory deprivation could help or not help in any way. With a tulpa's progress if so I'd, like some advice because from what I've heard it could induce hallucination's. And being able to hear faint voices and such tonight I tried this out I did mange to see, some things but they were random. And it felt as if the hallucination's were faint. are there any, thoughts or have any of you guys tried this before.

~Believe in the you who believes in yourself~

Quick clarification, how much sensory deprivation are we talking about? Earplugs and a blindfold or full-blown going into one of those water tanks?

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

For me, wearing ear phones that can dampen outside noise, along with blindfolds, and maybe at 30-90 minutes of my time while typing out what I see in my head, and it'll be as if I didn't even know I existed here. I think your question may be asking how one could shift their awareness to somewhere other than their real life sensations here.

Trying to block out as much noise, or fixating less on real life senses could help with those things you're curious about. But after a while, it really gets easy imagining those things, and hearing voices, I guess. Usually listening to something like binaural beats, or isochronic tones helps out for me at least when I tried active forcing for a few months.

Yea. All I really do is stick in some ear plugs (I can't stand distracting noise) and go somewhere dark. Though light isn't that big a factor, noise is.

It interferes directly into the phonological loop in the brain, the process that deals with paying attention. So if you could have one thing that you should block out completely (if you're not listening to something that directly helps you with your focusing or what have you), I'd recommend sound.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Yeah I was trying out visual sensory deprivation and it, worked a little bit not to much. But I thought about, sound thinking it would work better i just did visual deprivation. Does the sound have a much better effect or something.?

~Believe in the you who believes in yourself~

Yea, like I said, it most directly affects the phonological loop, so blocking out sound is the number 1 way to heighten your concentration.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

The Baybees~

*strikes Captain Morgan Pose, throws out a thumbs up, rides off into the sunset on a dragon*

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

The Baybees~

For people who do long-term visual sensory deprivation, I believe the vast majority start experiencing hallucinations within three days. To my knowledge, however, nobody has ever been able to control those hallucinations, so I don't know that it actually helps with forcing.

Edit: some links.

When I started image streaming for a few months last year, things seemed have been chaotic, but became more stable over time. It's one of those things where you feel you're just sitting on the bed, going hours on end accomplishing nothing for months, not feeling you're getting anywhere. Then each day, slowly but surely, you have a moment where it's like you're in another dimension, and you're just wondering how the hell things happened.

When things starts clicking, and you start seeing things more easily in your head, and you can go on and off on it for as much as you can put in energy into it, that's when those little crutches (e.g. blindfolds, earphones) become a mockery of the potential you can really accomplish. But with that said, if you use those supplements, it makes things even greater, because there's just less distractions for some people. To me, it was about realizing that I didn't have to constrain myself to what I would do 1-2 years ago. It was just more of assuring myself in a way like:

"Hey, I know what I want to do with them, what I want to accomplish with them, and how it'll make me feel experiencing those accomplishments with them. I know I can get better, and having the help of gaining another perspective with them, and using self-reflective abilities as well, so there's no excuse if I find myself in a plateau; I just have to keep looking harder than before, but I know it's going to take me somewhere."

It's not something I would directly state to myself, but how I behave, and how things just happen seems to reflect something like that. At that point, there's some competencies with visualization, and things of that nature that the person just has to will things to happen, and just be patient to let their minds create the blank canvas for them. After that, it's just up to your imagination, and how much time you have left to go wild, I guess.

Sometimes I feel that before going to sleep, I'm in a natural state of happiness with them. Probably because things are more quiet, and I can let the imagination run wild, and there's always a pillow handy for whatever feels is going to happen. I think I make more breakthroughs in circumstances where I can temporarily forget about reality for a moment, work through whatever pain, and eventually reach what I want to get to. The point of me saying this is that you'll probably start getting into states where you can find your own quiet place despite of whatever level of noise there is. And when you can do something like that without relying too much on supplementary items, I guess the breakthroughs just keep getting better.