Fear of the mainstream.

Guest amber5885

I agree with Sushi on this. I've told my husband but there's nobody else I would ever imagine telling in person. I'd be too afraid others would find out and label me insane or something and I'd end up losing my job (or losing my kids when I get to that point of my life)

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

My girlfriend know, two of my very close friends know, one actually ended up having a few tuppers for years and didn't know exactly what they were until I helped him shed some light.

I think the benefit of mainstream would be actual research going on, proving they actually exist. As splits of the subconscious, or healthy for of alters, or whatever they might actually be.

The downside, like everyone has said before, is the abuse of kids coming in here to make fuck dolls and then just letting them evaporate once they are bored, but Sands already what's true too. It's already happened.

I've said it before but ill say it again is it just me or is anyone else afraid that if tulpas or .info becomes widely known our community will become flooded with horny 13 year olds an the mainstream won't be talkin to actual tulpamancers so much as that one guy who claims to know what he's talking about but is in fact loaded up on a buffet of drugs that other drugs take to get weird....

I can't be the only one.

I've been lurking over this website for the past couple of days, and would like to chime in with a suggestion. If it's inappropriate, please forgive me.

I've been reviewing many of the guides here and elsewhere (although you guys seem to have the best outlook and most knowledge here). Most of them may have a blurb about the ethics (or, more accurately, the lack of) regarding the dissipation of a tulpa, and many bring up issues the host may have. Several guides post issues that some hosts have been known to have during the creation of a tulpa. This is good, but it may not hit home to a lot of people since the descriptions are not very detailed and are rather impersonal.

After reading a lot of the stories, listening to podcasts and watching the chats, I've come to the conclusion that abuse towards a tulpa is not ethical, nor is it psychologically healthy for the host ... and this includes dissipation.

But we don't have a forum that really deals with this (from what I can tell). I'm not saying that Tulpa.info and the community within it should condone dissipation or any form of abuse in any regard, but it might be worth having a place for people to tell their stories in anonymity and free of judgment. Criticism, yes, but judgement, like "you're a terrible person," no. Dissipation seems like it's hell on the host, a kind of emotional rollercoaster akin to, if not worse than, losing a close loved one. Abuse is not only ethically abhorrent, but I would imagine it could be psychologically damaging since the tupla is essentially a part of the host. Allowing a couple of these stories in may deter many people from creating a tulpa, or hopefully steer them towards the right intentions of creating one. If anything, the moderators can put it up, allow stories to accumulate, and if it does more harm than good for the community and for individual tulpas & their hosts, then take it down. In the end, it would arm the people with the best of intentions in this community with true-life stories that can deter the immature and disingenuous.

I don't fear the mainstream, I heard about headmates on tumblr way before finding this forum, and even though the concepts are similar the tumblr blogs have a really different approach to the topic, if you ever saw them you know what I'm talking about.

If tulpas became more well known I assume we would have many more of those kind of blogs but even if they were to flood this community I'm sure some other community would be created where we could talk without them around, and lets not forget that some members of the forum started like those teenagers, we all did stupid things when we were young (and not so young too) so I don't really care.

I would be interested in this too, but I guess the more experienced users should decide since they know more about the topic.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice

Guest amber5885

I think this idea has a lot of merits. Pardon the crude analogy but I think it applies here. You don't have to agree or condone something like say an abortion to realize that the after effects are damaging and detrimental to the people that experience them and having a healthy place to share your story can not only help the people who go through it but also the people who come here for the wrong reasons to maybe and hopefully help them to make a more educated decision about their choices.

As much as the idea of simply dissipating a tulpa or making one as a slave of sorts disgusts and angers me I believe you have a valid point here.

Thank you for bringing that up.

One thing I don't think people take into account is that a tulpa is their own person. Toby is his own person with his own wants and desires and I wouldn't dream of dissipating or more aptly killing him.

But I could see that if I tried he would fight back. His will to live would come through in begging for his life. Anger and depression at the decision or even trying to force himself Ito my mind in an attempt to change my decision so people who arent educated about what can happen during the process can very well find themselves in the middle of a psychological battleground without even realizing it.

People should know every side of the experience in order to understand fully what they are doing and goin into something like this without knowing what could potentially go wrong could do more damage than good to the practitioners, the tulpas an the community as a whole.