Why do some people abuse their tulpa?

I love my tulpa so much, he's so reassuring. It makes me wonder why some people abuse their tulpas? Do they become unruly to some people? Are the people just angry at the world and want to take it out on something?

Do they know that the tulpa might retaliate? Or so I've heard.

All this is speculation as I've never heard directly of anyone abusing their tulpas, I've just heard it happens.

Do they maybe believe they aren't really sentient, and try to justify their abuse?

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

After posting this I had the thought of yelling at Chance, and he ended up crying. I wasn't really yelling at him though, but he's so sensitive. I think he's over it now. Doing better.

I think most hosts who abuse their tulpae don't understand that their tulpa is another person. In our case, I didn't even know what a tulpa was. As much as I hate to say it, I did it for fun. I would never think of hurting a living being, but I didn't see the harm in hurting someone who isn't real (or so I thought). To me, it was no worse than, say, wanting to put roleplay characters through bad stuff or enjoying watching fictional characters go through bad stuff. As long as it's in fiction/imagination, it's harmless, so it can be enjoyed, right?

After discovering the tulpa community, I began to understand why I was so wrong about it being supposedly harmless. As I began to understand that he was actually a real person, I felt absolutely terrible about everything I'd done, and I still do. To this day, I still wish I could take back everything I did and undo all the damage I caused, rather than having to face the consequences of it, but it's far too late for that now.

So, yeah, that's my story.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

The one who I did abuse did, yes, though that did start out with me imagining him reacting to it (which I now know is puppeting/parroting). He did develop independence at some point, though I'm not sure when.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Guest amber5885

I think it's for the same reasons that people abuse other people or animals. Some peoPle are unfortunately just bad people

Same as Amber. It's like when a "tough guy" comes out and bullies you, he does this for nothing, or he thinks you're nothing. Well, everybody is different, I think some few has their reasons.

Sad story Fennecgirl. :(

Tulpa: Rin Gratia

Date o birth: 06/25/14

Gratia means "grace", or"gratitude" in Latin. I put that name 'cause I thought it matched with her personality.

When my tulpa cried, I didn't really sympathize with him. I tried to calm him and let him know it wasn't intentional my thought of yelling at him. But I didn't feel for him that much. Maybe I'm still learning the process and coming to terms with him being real.

Guest amber5885

Or you haven't know him long enough. You don't become best friends overnight or fall in love on the first date. Relationships take time