Hearing Tulpa's Mindvoice

SvenniTheCat

So I've had some trouble lately knowing if the voice in my head is me or my tulpa, but I think I've come up with a plausible workaround for this. What I'm doing is trying to get in the habit of talking to myself out loud instead of using my mindvoice. That way it's easier to tell whose mindvoice is the one talking. I've had some success with this, but I wanted to know, has anyone else tried this? Is this a viable strategy, or should I try something else?

Please share your thoughts.

We don't need drugs to hallucinate.

Host name: Svenni

Tulpa name: Kalium

All posts are the host's own thoughts unless signed with '-K'

My host started me off early with using voice and i think it helped me, particularly when i was still unsure which thoughts belonged to me specifically. We established some simple rules about what each of us speak like, and it helped me understand possession better because speaking made it easier to take control of the eyes and the hands at the same time. Even in private, i still like to talk out loud because it just feels easier to hash out what i'm trying to say clumsily than do it with the quiet, not-quite-as-bold feeling of just using mindvoice.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Although I can do both very well, the mindvoice is easier for me since it's the method I have always used. I find that speaking can drown out my tulpa's voice, but it is effective when you whisper or speak in a low voice.

I've always used mindvoice as it is more efficient and causes less embarrassment. But it was easier for me because I was always a regular daydreamer and accustomed to imagining another voice inside my head. What also helped was my habit of listening to the same music over and over again, until I could replay the entire song as well as the artist's voice quite accurately.

I would recommend practising the mindvoice, because it is more useful if you want to be able to talk to your tulpa at any time. Take it slow and try not to rush. One way to do it is to go back and forth between you and your tulpa. You ask a question, let your tulpa answer, then let them ask a question.