Anyone ever heard of a tulpa cloning herself?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Something just occurred to me. In my tulpa's day dream wonderland, she can sometimes split herself into twins or triplets. That way she can hang out with someone awesome and adorable (herself).

Is that really strange behavior for a tulpa? She does this only temporarily. What does this imply about her sentience or what? Each twin acts separately for a while, like a separate person.

I heard folks talking about multiple tulpas and it got me wondering. I have only one tulpa, but she can split herself. Weird. Never thought it was weird until I was on Tulpa Info forum. Is it weird? ~Mistgod

I’m not sure I could give you a definite probability as to why your tulpa tends to clone herself every now and then other than suggesting that you ask her. Though, for reasons you professed in the OP, e.g., her being able to hang out with someone awesome and adorable, it seems that to her, it’s more than enough justification. And I can’t help but wonder about previous events, from this forum, and maybe throughout your quotidian lifestyle with her may have enticed her to do this occasionally.

- Maybe because it seems so hard to find someone to understand her other than yourself, she may feel that because of this, she’s at an impasse, and trying to see herself in different points of view may help her see something more than that disposition of being awesome and adorable

- Maybe in spite of people you may engage with on a daily basis that she and you could have an understanding with is not enough for her, as I would imagine Melian being somewhat of a social butterfly where being gregarious adds on to her personal assurance of validating her existence for what it may be for her, and maybe just her alone. I’m inferring this simply because with past regressions of other members in threads and such, she may defend the novelty behind her existence, and for anyone that seems to objectify that negatively, and even undermine it is not acceptable for her. So for her, maybe this fragmentation with clones of herself either sustains a propensity to feel at ease with herself to scream internally, “

"

- And maybe because of this impasse with previous strife with others that undermine her existence, maybe she’s realizing that having others refer to her in order for her to have an assurance of being sentient, or whatever quality of just existing, seems too limited. So maybe there’s a battle of self-esteem, and her trying to appreciate who she is, no matter how others may seem to think she may have delusions of grandeur.

- Or it could be part of how you see her, and how you’re trying to unfold those multiple layers of nuances with sentience that seems so complicated based on what you read and analyzed from other people that have their own personal framework of what makes a tulpa, a tulpa, i.e., an ontological basis of their being, if you will.

- Maybe through cloning herself, she doesn’t feel the need to question if the persona she expresses herself as to others is merely just a mask that’s going to rub off when all she has for the time being is to be with you, or just reveling in her imagination within the grandiose spectrum of yours in general.

But whatever confusion there may be between a host and a tulpa that both seem to be questioning themselves about may end up in taking probabilities that seem to resonate at the time when it’s really the apprehensive feeling of not knowing that makes one suggestible to anything just to fill that gap of uncertainty. In other words, trying to find the origin, and to see if others experience this to see if there’s some inherent sameness towards tulpas that do this ends up at an impasse; probably because whatever seems “inherent” to one person is what they personally want to attribute as such.

Because if Melian, just like anyone else that has their own framework of what reality is, and how they exist within that reality, imaginary, or not, sees others that seem to undermine their novelty, it could just be her personal way of coping with it all. Maybe deep down, all of those years of the relationship you two had as camaraderie, and a mélange of other relationships, I guess, is being questioned. And having to discover more than just what she, or even what you thought as “pseudo-real,” and yet real based on how you conceptualize her in your private, subjective experience with her poses a challenge for you both.

But again, these are just probabilities. Though, I don’t think this is a matter where we treat a cigar as a cigar.

Guest Anonymous

Elise used to have this ability when she was younger, I've seen my other tulpas make shadow clones of themselves before as well.

I see, it's good to know I am not alone then in that. I thought it might be totally alien. It wouldn't really bother me being different however, I always break the mold. ~Mistgod

Because if Melian, just like anyone else that has their own framework of what reality is, and how they exist within that reality, imaginary, or not, sees others that seem to undermine their novelty, it could just be her personal way of coping with it all. Maybe deep down, all of those years of the relationship you two had as camaraderie, and a mélange of other relationships, I guess, is being questioned. And having to discover more than just what she, or even what you thought as “pseudo-real,” and yet real based on how you conceptualize her in your private, subjective experience with her poses a challenge for you both.

But again, these are just probabilities. Though, I don’t think this is a matter where we treat a cigar as a cigar.

Wow! What an in depth, thoughtful response! Thank you very much! I was looking at this whole thing as merely playfulness on Melian's part and sort of a quirk of hers that may or may not be unique (turns out other tulpas do this). I hadn't considered there could be really deeper psychological meaning to it. I guess I did ask "what has this to do with her sentience." I think what I meant by that is whether it implied Melian might not be sentient but more of an ordinary day dream imaginary friend character. How does a sentient person split herself into three distinct clones who interact with me and each other and maintain her individuality? It seems a paradox to me.

I had this thought. I can imagine MYSELF splitting into clones. I can see it in my mind's eye, split selves interacting. If Melian's FORM is a projection of an independent sentient mind, she could be imagining herself as twins or triplets just as easily I imagine her as twins and triplets. That is a new thought to me, that Melian's form or image could be independent of her essence as a being.

Here is something more along that line. Melian does day dream plays in the Melian Show. They are like little movies. She has died in them. In some episodes she has been disintegrated by a laser beam, blown to bits, shot, burned to death (they are drama movies and she is a witch sometimes or Joan of Arc), or any myriad of gruesome and dramatic ends. Don't worry, these are only a small percentage of the many things she does in the Melian Show. She is always whole again for the next episode. Like an actress, Melian is not actually harmed and is always ready for the next play. This thought validates for me that her form is INDEED independent from her thoughts.

I love mulling things over in writing!

Apparently, tulpa cloning or splitting is not unheard of in the world of thoughtforms being explored on Tulpa Info! ~Mistgod

I asked some time ago if Nash would be able to clone himself in wonderland and he said "why would I? for what purpose?" He's somewhat of a loner, I guess he could, he just don't want to.

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

Guest Anonymous

I asked some time ago if Nash would be able to clone himself in wonderland and he said "why would I? for what purpose?" He's somewhat of a loner, I guess he could, he just don't want to.

Every tulpa would have their own opinions on this just like each host would I suppose! :-) ~Mistgod