Parallel processing / mental maths

waffles

That's the thing, we couldn't manage to do two math problems at once. The closest we really got to doing two similar tasks was playing two different parts of a piece of music at the same time in the wonderland, and we aren't even sure if we succeeded in doing that. We may have just merged the two parts into a single "track" what we both played instead. It's very difficult sometimes to distinguish subtle nuances like that.

Current System: Ziya (Formerly Einulf), Mizan, Aura, Dark, Lucia, Rand, Jason, Akira

Here's our Tumblr, if anyone wants it

The closest we really got to doing two similar tasks was playing two different parts of a piece of music at the same time in the wonderland, and we aren't even sure if we succeeded in doing that. We may have just merged the two parts into a single "track" what we both played instead. It's very difficult sometimes to distinguish subtle nuances like that.

I recommend you (and anyone else interested in looking at this problem from a musical perspective) listen to this podcast.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I recommend you (and anyone else interested in looking at this problem from a musical perspective) listen to this podcast.

This almost sounds like some form of synesthesia, but I have never heard of a case this specific. I do like how they mention the different areas of the brain that he was using. I recall a study done at the college we attend, where chess board recognition was compared to face recognition. Face recognition, in most people, uses a different area of the brain than other visual processes, usually called the "holistic processing" section. It was found that chess Masters and Grandmasters actually use the "holistic processing" section when looking at chess boards and at faces, suggesting that that area of the brain can be trained for use in other tasks. Perhaps this could be applied in a more general sense to other areas of the brain, potentially even to offset lateralization?

Current System: Ziya (Formerly Einulf), Mizan, Aura, Dark, Lucia, Rand, Jason, Akira

Here's our Tumblr, if anyone wants it

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, here is very popular theory about the reason are different/same parts of brain.

But what if the reason here is just in properties of attention? Both tulpa and host are based on subconcious proceses. When one of them with the force directs his attention, he not only acts on concious part of this, but on subconcious too. What I mean - what if we devide attantion on two interconnected parts - concious and subconcious. Concious part of attention of tulpa and host are seperated from each outher like seperated their concious procecess. But, both tulpa and host have overall subconcious, their subconcious parts of attentions will be connected in some way too.

This explains the results of experiments: when host and tulpa are doing easy things, that dont need much attention, they dont need to direct their attention powerfully, their subconcious attention is remains dispersed, and concious parts of it, being not very strong, dont interfere themselfes.

But if someone directs very strong his own concios attention to something, subconcious attention starts to group arrond that part, and automatically pulls in the same direction the rest part of attention - second concious attention.