Tulpamancy and the host's perspective

Cjero

When talking about a subjective subject such as tulpamancy it is hard to come by factual knowledge which will help the development of this phenomenon scientifically. I've noticed something noteworthy (though I am not sure whether or not it has been written somewhere prior this post).

First and foremost are the three main perspectives which I have picked up on: neurological, psychological, and metaphysical (I will not go in detail about the latter). To summarise the first two beliefs (they are not necessarily mutually exclusive).

Neurological

The belief that a tulpa is another individual using neurology as its basis. Through interactions forming the required connections for this individual to become autonomous. They'll say that a tulpa likely will not go away after they are developed to a certain extent.

Psychological

The belief that a tulpa is a delusion only simulating an individual rather than actually being one. These individuals will say a tulpa can disappear if you truly believe they are gone.

Though whatever you may believe impacts the tulpa's being and capabilities. It is also generally consented on that doubt hinders progress implying it's more of a psychological thing. However, it could also be that the mind will not form the required connections unless the consciousness perceives it as true and the subconscious will believe something is missing trying to fix the 'problem'. These are at the moment mere speculations from what I have gathered while interacting with other tulpamancers though I firmly believe that being conscious of the aforementioned points will greatly help and imrpove one's tulpamancy experience.

Thank you for reading and I hope you will be able to use this knowledge to aid your tulpa (or scientific) related endeavors.

You'll regret it. I'm telling you. Unless you just want to role-play, then go ahead.

Your beliefs influence your perception of reality. In your own mind this is much more true, though still more true in physical reality than people realize. If you doubt your tulpa is sentient, you don't fully believe your tulpa is sentient. If you don't fully believe your tulpa is sentient, you believe your tulpa may-or-may-not be sentient, and your reality will reflect that. You will get signs that show they are maybe-maybe-not sentient.

I'm kind of tired of people looking for scientific truths where they don't belong. No one's interested in the physical aspect of tulpas, and those that are originally always fall into the trap of applying that physicality to their beliefs. Your mind and thoughts don't care whether something lines up with an unbiased, wholesome and scientific reality or just one that sounds nice; whichever you believe in is real to you. And the physical nature of tulpas has nothing to do with their development or even existence on a normal level. Researching how tulpas work is fine, but not when people are going to take assumptions - hypotheses at best - and treat them like fact in developing their tulpa, even worse when they try to teach others.

Mental phenomena, to the individual, are subjective. Working with them on an objective level is extremely difficult, and not always healthy to combine with the former. Just.. Remember there are very few facts here. There are beliefs that fit well with science and logic, and there are beliefs that fit less but still provide good functionality and positivity, and there are negative/destructive beliefs. But I haven't found many universal facts. Keep an open mind, be productive, but don't get so caught up in objective truths that you mistake assumptions in your personal reality for universal truths.

This is to everyone on the forum, not just the OP.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

@Cjero

Thank you so much for this thoughtful post! This is so observant of you! It helps me a lot thanks. I am firmly in the psychological only illusion tulpa camp. It's nice to see this perspective acknowledged as a significant part of the community. I agree the two groups are not mutually exclusive with some believing a little of both. I think that you can't discount that the brain is involved somehow and there are probably parts of the brain dedicated to your thought form, especially if he or she has been around for a long time.

I'm kind of tired of people looking for scientific truths where they don't belong. No one's interested in the physical aspect of tulpas, and those that are originally always fall into the trap of applying that physicality to their beliefs. ... Mental phenomena, to the individual, are subjective. .... Keep an open mind, be productive, but don't get so caught up in objective truths that you mistake assumptions in your personal reality for universal truths.

I am slowly, slowly beginning to understand you Reisen. I think, at first, I was assuming everyone took the physical-is-reality, more scientific and objective approach to understanding tulpa on this forum. So it took me a while to recognize what you are saying. If I keep reading your stuff it is going to effect me. LOL Melian likes it, which is a dangerous thing. Hah, just kidding, she does like it, but it's probably for my good and definitely a good thing from her perspective.