Question to those with wonderlands

Kalyrian

Guest Yoda

My wonderland for my thoughtform is like The Matrix or the Star Trek Holodeck. It can be changed and reformed, like virtual reality or a movie set. It is endless in that sense. There are some immutable elements, or more like recurring elements, like the dreamscape mansion.

@OP, This is what I was getting at towards the end of my post:

If you need to consciously create, go out and make more than you'll need to use.

Then you can keep all your activity in the "known" portion of the environment - easy to do if it's big enough.

That way, even if there is one, you'll never encounter the boundary in your normal use.

You can also reduce the required amount of world building you'll need to do by avoiding excessive travel.

I teleport from place to place, rather than spending hours and effort building detailed ground routes.

Avoid building anything complicated (or at least don't do a lot of it) and it'll be less effort to render.

Try to base as much as possible on existing memories of the real world, or fantasy worlds found in movies/games/anime/etc.

Don't try to be an engineer - reuse textures and environments you know well.

That's pretty much what I did for the borders of my wonderland. I got tired of the blurriness surrounding the more active areas, so I sort of created an extra extension of my wonderland past where we'd actually go, involving many mountains. And then I just never even think about it, and if I do there's some buffer space before the nothingness. Not an actual practical problem at any point, but it did annoy me. When I've expanded the wonderland into that space, I just do the same thing and create a little more than we need. Random mountain ranges are your friend. As are forests and large bodies of water.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

@OP, This is what I was getting at towards the end of my post:

If you need to consciously create, go out and make more than you'll need to use.

Then you can keep all your activity in the "known" portion of the environment - easy to do if it's big enough.

That way, even if there is one, you'll never encounter the boundary in your normal use.

You can also reduce the required amount of world building you'll need to do by avoiding excessive travel.

I teleport from place to place, rather than spending hours and effort building detailed ground routes.

Avoid building anything complicated (or at least don't do a lot of it) and it'll be less effort to render.

Try to base as much as possible on existing memories of the real world, or fantasy worlds found in movies/games/anime/etc.

Don't try to be an engineer - reuse textures and environments you know well.

Oh yeah, it's not an issue for me; the wall only turns up in areas I don't go to often :P

It just kind of sucks, because I would've liked to go out and explore past where I'd previously been. Ah well, not a big problem.

game is hard