Could a person create a tulpa exclusively within lucid dreams?

Guest Anonymous

Lumi: Yes, it's possible, and yes, it would be a "dream guide" or recurring dream character. I don't think it would translate to a tulpa without some effort. A dream character is a character your brain imagines in a dream. A tulpa requires much, much more types of mental practice than just.. I don't know, what does creating a dream tulpa even entail?

I do think lucid dreaming is a good aid for developing a tulpa though. But my intuition tells me it's dangerous to rely too much on the lucid dreaming aspect, as that would mainly be for personality development, and would leave a lot to be desired during waking life.

I agree, though I think it could have some new applications for someone who already has a tulpa. There is a fundamental problem with gulps creation, and that is the fact that it's hard to really impose your tulpa. I think that the solution to that could lie in lucid dreaming. One could use having their tulpa in their dream as a sort of early form of imposition, since it's well known that you can touch and see things that are in dreams pretty well.

I have had some success with eve. I simply suggested before bed that she appear in my dream. Lo and behold she was with me in a dream where we killed zombies, and I got my first real sight of her. Unfortunately it wasn't lucid, so I didn't fly away with her and spend time. It was a very uplifting experience though, it should be noted that I have been casually forcing for about a year, so I don't know how I was able to visualize her moving and fighting so well.

If it's possible to make a tulpa exclusively through lucid dreaming, I'd think you'd have to be a really talented lucid dreamer. Wouldn't it be difficult to make much progress unless you were lucid very regularly? Simply because of the limited time spent lucid dreaming versus being awake during the day.

Unless you're Linkzelda, time spent actively forcing would probably be about the same length as a lucid dream. A lucid dream as others mentioned would be easier to visualize, but would be harder to remember the details consciously, and also brings about the problem of contacting them while awake.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

I wonder if lucid dream tulpa would be more likely to change into something negative! Creepypasta anyone? Freddy Kruegar style!

I wonder if lucid dream tulpa would be more likely to change into something negative! Creepypasta anyone? Freddy Kruegar style!

The one time freddy kruger appeared in my dreams he escaped before I was finished having my fun with him. Very disappointing.

I don't think the chance would be much higher to turn your "dream tulpa" negative. But since things tend to be a lot more uncontrolled in a dream state, your subconscious negative thoughts may find an easier way to influence your tulpa.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Intrusive thoughts may be a problem, wouldn't they? Unless you can manage them as in active forcing, that could really limit progress. For me personally, lucid dreams are like an acid trip.

"Welcome to my house! Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Dracula

My tulpa's name is Vladimira. She goes by Mira.