Pagans?

Asher

Here I go being a thread necromancer again. I follow multiple different spiritual paths and I have an interest in many different polytheistic faiths. I honestly think the only word that could properly describe my beliefs is occultist. Nothing outside of the esoteric and occult spheres could come close to my spiritual beliefs. I could also be called a Cthulhu Cultist, but without the proper context that would just be seen as LARPing.

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Michael Blackwater said:

I could also be called a Cthulhu Cultist, but without the proper context that would just be seen as LARPing.

What is a Cthulhu Cultist?

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

37 minutes ago, TB said:

What is a Cthulhu Cultist?

Oh boy, this is going to be hard to explain. Well first you should probably check out this link then come back to finish reading this. https://www.theofficialcultofcthulhu.com/ 

So to begin lets first talk about what Cthulhu is. Cthulhu is an entity from the story The Call of Cthulhu written by H.P Lovecraft. He is the high priest of the Old Ones, eldritch gods from the depths of the cosmos who are so utterly beyond humanity most see us as ants. Cthulhu is asleep at the bottom of the ocean in his city called R'lyeh. using his powers he contacts sensitive humans within their dreams and makes a Cult to prepare the world for his return when the stars are right. 

Now as a fictional character one would think that a religion based around him and the other deities of that literary universe would be a joke, but most of us are pretty serious about it and I'll explain why. Out of the different Lovecraft cults, and there is many, I belong to the Official Cult of Cthulhu. We have two schools of thought, the main one being Pantheism, where the deities found within the Cthulhu mythos are seen as archetypes we use to give praise to nature and the cosmos. Pantheists in the Cult don't believe in the Old Ones as real supernatural entities but as archetypes and in some cases thoughtforms that can be interacted with. The other branch is Deism. Deists in the Cult are a bit different than other deists. We use theories and philosophies on the fringe of science and the occult to explain how they hypothetically could exist. Most deists don't actually believe the Old Ones are real in the sense of them being just like the stories, but most do believe in them to some capacity, big or small. There isn't any fighting between these two schools of thought or the sub groups within and outside of them. The community is quite nice and made up of open minded but rational people. We keep all of our beliefs as scientific as we can and it can be seen in both our philosophies and rituals. 

The Cult is certainly not a religion for most people, in fact we often advertise that we are a niche group for people searching for a very different belief system. If you want to learn more check out the discord as there is plenty of people there who can explain it better than I. I hope this explains it well enough but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

It should also be noted that this is one of my religions. I follow multiple spiritual paths, most of them being niche and very much occult in their teachings.

There is also as I said multiple Lovecraft cults and not all of them are as nice as us.

• 1 year later...