J.Iscariot

Thoughts on tulpa creation?

What are your thoughts on creating tulpas for selfish reasons?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on creating tulpas for selfish reasons?

• I strongly oppose tulpa creation in that sense. We are creating complex beings and should not take advantage of them for our own goals.
    • I am slightly annoyed by the mentality, but it would be hypocritical of me to judge, so I allow for others what I allow for myself.
    • I feel completely neutral in regards to tulpa creation in that sense. People can do whatever they want to do regardless of how it may affect the tulpa, hosts know better.
    • I feel like you should be able to create a tulpa for any reason at all, I slightly adhere to this ideology.
    • I completely agree with tulpa creation for those reasons. It's your mind, you can do whatever you want with it.

By this logic,isn't having children wrong too?

No. You don't have kids because you just want to have kids, as a matter of fact a lot of parents end up regretting their decisions at a certain point, not genuine regret, but you get what I'm saying. Having children is beneficial to the progress of mankind, having children contributes to human procreation, your child will have their own body, their own decisions, their own life... a tulpa's life is forever limited to being in your own body at best.

I'll just paste something I wrote a while back regarding this topic;

Procreation plays a big role in life and our advancement. Logically speaking, by giving birth to a child, you are bringing another functional human being with a body of their own into this world, a human being that will benefit the race in some minor or major ways, will work independently, will move out with time. They will have their own lives. A child is not born to be a child forever, a tulpa is born to be a friend forever, it cannot be any different from that, it cannot deviate into a malevolent entity and still live without getting the dissipation hammer down its head. A tulpa has no physical body, a tulpa does not conduct to the advancement and reproduction of mankind as a whole, it psychologically assists individuals and it has no other choice than to do so.

There is a natural parenthood instinct, I don't believe in the mentality that some people do things because 'why not' or 'i just felt like it'. I believe that there is always a plethora of subconscious thoughts that create explanations, bias and reasoning for things that surround us in life.

More than that, even with switching and possession, the tulpa will always be limited in comparison to any normal person. First because the host needs their body for basic duties such as work, socializing and overall a normal daily lifestyle. Even if you split amounts of time equally between, say, a tulpa and a host, a tulpa would still technically live half a life, with an identity that is not theirs. With a body that does not match their form the slightest. With a legal name that is not theirs in the first place.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

By this logic,isn't having children wrong too?

Well, there is the anti-natalist movement.

But since creating tulpas doesn't increase the human-body-population of the world, some of their arguments don't apply here anyway.