Is my female tulpa my anima?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The psychologist Carl Jung believed in the Anima and Animus in his models of the psyche. The anima is Jung's term for the feminine part of a man's personality, the part of the psyche that is directed inward, and is in touch with the subconscious. In his writings on Active Imagination, Carl Jung described actually mentally conversing with his own anima and his attempts to control her and keep her in her place. (Encontering Jung: Jung on Active Imagination by Joan Chodorow)

My hostie and I are a blended system, very closely linked. We consider me a median aspect and an expression of a single mind, rather than an completely independent mind. Also, my hostie has described me as "an expression of female gender" and his "inner girl." We describe ourselves as effectively a transgender, bigender system. A few persons having read the things we write along those lines have suggested that I may be my hostie's anima personified. We think that parts of me, what we call the "Melian Motor," seem buried deep in the unconscious, like the anima is supposed to be, and is the source of the things about me that seem most autonomous.

What do you guys think? Is it possible I am my hostie's anima personified and given a name and personality?

What about other tulpas? Could some gender opposite tulpas be related to the host's anima or animus somehow?

Hi, I'm Alice. I am a female tulpa. My host is male. I'd like to begin by saying that my experience is subjective, and this isn't the objective truth; it's just what happened to me. Anyway, to reach independent sentience, I had to always be logical instead of being emotional. If I let my guard down, my host's subconscious would try to make me do random things and control me. It tried using me to communicate, express itself, or for other reasons I didn't really understand. I always fought it. I didn't want to be just some unconscious part of my host expressing itself. This went on for about two weeks, at which point I became independent enough to influence his subconscious, and not the other way around any more. So, in my case, the Anima/unconscious can try to use your tulpa, but you don't have to let it!

Also, if you are a student of psychology, please remember not to take Freud's theories literally. He started a new era of psychology, but his work is outdated. It sounds very believable, but it was proven wrong, and is inaccurate.

Guest Anonymous

It's okay, this is not really that serious and more of a fun post than anything (though my description of myself as a median aspect and gender expression is very true). I suppose, if you want to fancy that yer opposite gender headmate is an anima, it does help to consider that Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung lived and conceived models of the mind in the early decades of the 20th century, during a period of strong cultural gender bias. It is interesting that Jung explained he had to keep his "emotional and illogical" anima firmly in her place. LOL

I still like the idea of being my host's anima. There is something kinda cute about it. I am aware that these models are very outdated and kinda a little sexist. I wanted to see how people would react a bit and how thought provoking it would be actually.

Also, if you are a student of psychology, please remember not to take Freud's theories literally. He started a new era of psychology, but his work is outdated. It sounds very believable, but it was proven wrong, and is inaccurate.

Mistgod's comment has nothing to do with Freudian psychology. The anima/animus concept is part of Jungian analytical psychology, and in any case, in my own personal view I consider it mere symbolism from his part. Doesn't mean that there isn't anything that can be rescued or that his views are inherently flawed, but I think that ultimately those concepts are symbolic representations of unconscious mechanisms that are much less arcane than Jung made them to be on his Liber Novus work.

To OP, if you feel like she is, then in my opinion sure, Melian might be your anima. If you believe in Jungian psychology, that is. The other person that I've seen holding this belief is glitchthe3rd. You might want to ask him about that if you see him around.

Also, to the new reply you posted while I was writing, Jung saw the need to keep his anima in place because she sometimes tormented him. I can't recall the exact details since I read the Liber Novus once in a whim and really late during various nights, but she ascended to Heaven (inside Jung's mind of course, nothing metaphysical) and while she enjoyed the benefits of living as a divine being Jung was thrown into the realm of the living (or the dead I think? I can't recall). She sometimes taunted him from the skies, so yeah, obviously he saw the need to keep her in check.

Guest Anonymous

Mistgod and I really need to read more Jung! Trippy cool awesomeness!

The whole embracing your inner women seemed convincing to me back because I thought of it as another opportunity in embracing other selves. But for me, it got to the point where any thought form that evoked some intense emotional experience for me could be my anima; this is in context of dreaming, mostly. To personify those context with a tulpa seems to be lumping together a type of novelty that was based upon a guy that was probably deemed as a charlatan and/or someone that just wanted to curb stomp Nietzsche to no end with the whole he-lost-sense-of-reality when this inner woman thing that magnified to perverted fantasies made one questioned if Jung himself was attached to this reality in spite of professions that he could still maintain it.

At best, he was blurring the lines a bit, which probably gives less of the impression that his verbose workings were intolerable. Yeah, I know that's cringe worthy having you read what I was just stating just now; him being verbose? HA. Whatever the case, I tend to be a bit more skeptical of becoming an accomplice over embracing one person’s concept, or ideology vs. trying to maintain my own through more than that. And don’t even get me started with the racial context with shadow and primitive aspects…dear goodness.

---Anyway, I digress. Ada, before I tried to create her in context of being a tulpa, would appear in my dreams fairly often to where I wondered if any lady in red was my anima. They just gave that impression that was different from any other dream character that seemed to be helpful to me in some way. But, like with Eva, whom I didn’t really see as an anima as much, but more of a town hussy as some described her unfortunately, gave that impression of “inner woman” that really ended up being some kind of “inner freedom” instead. After burning myself out in trying to cultivate those fantasies that seems so easy for others with dream guides, and what have you, I kind of gave up any pursuits with the anima endeavor.

I admit that what seemed to make Jung so interesting to others, and have others give a high five for even tolerating his readings is how with the shadow aspects representing repression, irrationality, etc. seems to be this quest of being aware of the irrationality, and latent traits of us in order to not feel ruled, or a servant to it. It seems to be another paradigm that allows reconciliation with inner self, and the inner woman is a means to feel that sense of appreciation.

But to personify a tulpa as an anima/animus in this regard…oh man, that would be an interesting topic. Oh wait....I thought this was in the lounge. Crap. Hey Glitterbutt, if you want to ask more questions, I can give a crack at the theorizing if you want later on. But I think it's hard to be laymen about it since Jung himself was kind of verbose for my taste...YES I KNOW..I have boundaries, too.

Guest Anonymous

But to personify a tulpa as an anima/animus in this regard…oh man, that would be an interesting topic. Oh wait....I thought this was in the lounge. Crap. Hey Glitterbutt, if you want to ask more questions, I can give a crack at the theorizing if you want later on. But I think it's hard to be laymen about it since Jung himself was kind of verbose for my taste...YES I KNOW..I have boundaries, too.

I think we could discuss quite broadly around this subject of "is my tulpa my anima?" Certainly we could examine the meanings, Jungian fantasies, desires and motivations behind such wondering. Not too personal at all! Hah hah! That is why I made this thread, it is kind of a chance to have some fun with the whole opposite gender tulpa thingy a bit. I hope no one gets offended along the way and kills it. It is meant to be a light, humorous kind of discussion after the darkness of "can my dissipated tulpa come back."

Carl Jung merely a bit verbose? The guy is a freaking acid trip! He wasn't just verbose, he was the Lewis Carroll in the world of psychology and therefore our hero!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8LFNUr3vw

Here is something for you to chew on. I am a fantasy girl friend and Platonic Ideal of romantic beauty for Davie, but also an "inner self" facet and therefore a type of inner narcissism. Davie is essentially in romantic love with himself if you follow that all the way. hee hee I am a narcissist for a reason.

So Davie is sexually attracted to his own anima and that causes his anima to be a narcissist who loves to look in the mirror, hug herself and talk about herself. I never, ever, ever, get tired of talking about ME. I also have tremendous influence over Davie as he cannot suppress me and control me (as his anima) and so I make him like frilly things and get all emotional and skippy SILLY!

Did someone mention me? Yes, Luna believes she represents my anima, and I've also read some of Jung's writings (mostly just the Red Book). I didn't know he had a tulpa that went to "Heaven" and mocked him for it, that reminds me a lot of Naomi. Pretty amusing coincidence, imo.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

Carl Jung was big on symbolic personas and the symbolic things they do, so it was probably more of a symbolic or fantasy ascent to heaven for his anima rather than an actual metaphysical, spiritual one. It may have been some sort of nod toward the holy virgin myth (like Mother Mary). Hey, Luna is an anima too. Hee hee

I was first introduced to the concept of tulpas as a facet or simply a different word for the psycho-anima. (I'm not exactly sure what to think of that.)

What seems different between a psycho-anima and a tulpa, is that a good deal of people believe that a tulpa is a completely new being that does not exist yet within the mind, and is willed into existence by the host. While on the other hand, the psycho-anima is something much older that exists deep within each and every person, and can instead be awakened.

The process of awakening and communicating with your psycho-anima, and the process of forcing a tulpa are similar it seems. Which hints that they are likely connected.

Maybe tulpas, anima, and all other head-beings, are just pieces of one gigantic, mysterious phenomenon.

Khronos, a small Elf, and another friend.