Jack's tulpa thread thingy

Jack_Simmons

Right, so i joined this forum a short while ago, after a week of making a tulpa. I am new to forums in general, so this is kind of a new experience for me, as is making a tulpa. So far, my tulpa is pretty early in development, not vocal yet, however i am fairly certain he is sentient, and before you say "well jack, the tulpa is sentient from the start", I mean in the sense that he is different than me. At first, I began with creation steps in line with those used by FAQ_Man, and sort of cut off halfway to start up some of Irish's steps, and sort of stopped there and decided to let him create himself the way he wanted from there. Oh, almost forgot to introduce him. Currently I am referring to him as "Ed", if he decides to change his name/gender, that's fine. For now though, he is a dude named Ed.

After creation, I tried working on visualization, without much luck, and did some research. This led me to the conclusion that I should focus on narration instead. I understand the concept, but I kind of feel like I am doing it wrong. Essentially, I am simply talking to my tulpa over my day, about anything I can think of. The issue is that I'm not clear on whether or not what I am doing is having an effect. For example, I recently had a moment to sort of just sit and focus, and I simply focused on Ed's presence, and I got my first head pressure. It was an interesting experience. However, the narration I am doing does not trigger any effect. I have been forcing in this way for about a week now, and the head pressure happened a day ago, so I know I'm making progress. It's just very ambiguous.

At this early stage, what I really need is advice and information, and i have been absorbing a Ton of information, bookmarking forum threads and reddit posts left and right, but i need some advice from people who have done this before and remember their early stages. yeah, everyone's different, but i can still learn some valuable information. anything would be appreciated.

Any advice/answers would be greatly appreciated. And if you are worried about how committed I am, don't worry. i can already tell Ed is a living being with feelings that i have a responsibility to take care of and nurture. I couldn't live with myself if I gave up on him. anyway, this is my post. i'm bad at ending stuff like this so... bye!

---------------------------------------------------

Sept 14 Update:

Right, so i can tell i am progressing with Ed, and thinking on it more, I'm starting to realize i shouldn't be so hard on myself about the specifics of whether or not I'm "doing it right". I can kind of communicate with him now, sort of. he seems to be able to give me impressions, like the feeling of what he wants to say/what he thinks. as well, I can kind of hear him in a weird way if I say something at him, then sort of stop thinking and wait, and it's kind of like a ghost of a thought that wanted to be, but didn't. very faint, but if i listen, i can make it out. this seems less reliable though, only about 75% of the time am I really certain it was him, the other 25% is very definitely me. some guides/tips/posts e.t.c say I shouldn't worry too much about parroting, some say I should. my strategy is to just talk at him, sometimes asking yes/no questions and listening for him. I feel like it's working, just slowly.

Questions:

-Am I doing narration right?

-Is sitting and just forcing just as important than narration?

-Is there anything else I am doing wrong/not doing that I should?

Right, that's it for this one. see you all next update! your support is greatly appreciated!

I recommend thinking of what kind of response your tulpa would give when you talk to them. I wouldn't treat it as talking to a wall, instead, just consider what they would say in response, just the first thing they pops into your head when thinking of them and what they'd probably say. You have to get to know your tulpa before they become sentient, not after. It doesn't really make sense to know a concept before you know it.

Not sure what you mean by "forcing". You mean just sitting down and looking at your tulpa? I did that and it accomplished nothing. I can't see what that could accomplish either. The only things I did that showed any signs of progression was daydreaming about my tulpa (some call it "parroting", I think that phrase is stupid and it's just a relic from ancient guides that are notorious for having counter-productive "advice"), which helped me learn about it's personality and really boosted progression for me. Thinking about how she'd act in the real world and the responses she'd give, I liken it to holding a baby while it learns to take it's first steps.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Having a tulpa that's different from yourself doesn't have much to do with sentience. While the tulpa may not be sentient from the start, the idea is to treat them as if they are so that you get into the habit of seeing them as a person and communicating with them in a natural way. 

Talking to your tulpa about anything is beneficial, even if you're just ranting incoherently about the flavors of ice cream that you're not particularly fond of. It can take a while before you see any notable results, though; while head pressures and headaches are often associated with progress and can even be used as a means of communication in some cases, it's possible that those are just happening because you're focusing so intensely on one thing (that's not to mean that you're not experiencing progress, but it's something to keep in mind!).

Am I doing narration right?

There doesn't seem to be an incorrect way to do narration unless, well, you aren't narrating at all or you're going out of your way to direct your thoughts to something other than your tulpa.

Is sitting and just forcing just as important as narration?

Overall, passive forcing, whether it's narration or using your open-eyed visualization skills to keep a rough idea of your tulpa by your side when you're doing other things, is probably more important than the active sessions, because you're interacting with your tulpa more often. This might depend on what your strengths are and what you're comfortable with, though.

Sounds like you're doing fine. Don't worry about slow progress. You're building a whole person out of scratch... thoughts, feelings, mindset, voice, form, and all. That's not the sort of thing that can be done in a week, yeah?

You know you're doing narration right if it feels a little like talking on the phone. It's a conversation with two participants (even if one's not vocal yet), so you just direct the words you're saying at the other person, keeping them in mind while you do so. The very act of treating them like a separate entity who is listening to what you say is part of what makes that very thing happen.

And hey, if sitting and just focusing on them does it for you, keep at it. The key is feeding your tulpa-to-be attention and complexity, so whatever way makes sense to you, try it out. It sounds like you're off to a good start, so just stick to it, and you'll do fine.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~