Tulpa theory

mouse_

I think that normal people are tulpas that are very focused on sensory input, and therefore unable to tap the subconscious like a non-physical tulpa can. Non-physical tulpas, on the other hand, don't have to deal with sensory input, and can tap the subconscious.

Even though I appreciate your thoughts, I don't find this theory convincing enough. Possibly I haven't understood it right, but this is what I think:

First off, Tulpae are perceiving sensory inputs (such as sight) much more intensive and accurate. They see details which we completely overlook, so I don't understand why Tulpae are not dealing with sensory input. They can at least hear and see things, and also react to them, so they are certainly "dealing with it".

Savants are people that appear every so often throughout history that have two characteristics: they have autism spectrum symptoms, and they have a "prodigious memory of a special type, a memory that he describes as "very deep, but exceedingly narrow" [good recall, unable to put it to good use]". Sound familiar?

Savants are somewhere in between: not quite in contact with the world, but able to access subconscious facilities.

You forget that there also are people who have these savant abilites, but are showing no autism symptoms. Where do we put them? They can perceive the environment as good as a normal person and are also able to access the subconscious like a Tulpa?

According to your theory, these kinds of people are not possible.

I can accept the belief that a normal personality and a tulpa personality are very similar, or even the same. But as I said "sensory overload" is not coherent.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

I can accept the belief that a normal personality and a tulpa personality are very similar, or even the same. But as I said "sensory overload" is not coherent.

Maybe it's a matter of attentional focus. Here's my current hypothesis:

When a self/personality process is controlling the body, they are paying most of their attention to their external senses. If they are meditating, dreaming or daydreaming or in a dissociative state, they may pay between little to almost no attention to their external senses. If a tulpa is like such a parallel process, it could very well spend most of their time in such a 1st person dissociative state, while still being mildly aware of the external senses, or possibly very little at all (seems to vary per individual, some tulpae seem to more oftenly see things through the host's eyes (those done through FAQ's method, without a wonderland), while others may be mostly disconnected from the external environment unless they want to (the case of some people using a wonderland)). While in a dissociative state, you should have far better access to your subconscious, much like in some vivid lucid dreams, but the more you pay attention to your external senses, the less you can pay attention to your subconscious. I might also be wrong about the last thing, maybe both the host and the tulpa could learn to better attain such a state of mind quickly without the usual effort it takes a regular human without a tulpa.

First off, Tulpae are perceiving sensory inputs (such as sight) much more intensive and accurate. They see details which we completely overlook, so I don't understand why Tulpae are not dealing with sensory input. They can at least hear and see things, and also react to them, so they are certainly "dealing with it".

You forget that there also are people who have these savant abilites, but are showing no autism symptoms. Where do we put them? They can perceive the environment as good as a normal person and are also able to access the subconscious like a Tulpa?

According to your theory, these kinds of people are not possible.

For the first point: I think they can perceive sensory inputs, but they don't have to. Many of us have trouble not focusing on the back of our eyelids while tulpaforcing... and I think it's this noise that prevents us from accessing the subconscious so well. The fact that hypnosis (state similar to meditation, where we ignore the body) helps memory recall may support that idea.

I think the difference is that, for us, the senses demand our attention, and are impossible to ignore (unless you're some Tibetan monk). The tulpa can choose when and if it wants to focus on the senses, and does it better than we do. Not sure why.

For the other point: if those people do exist, then the argument basically does fall apart. I wonder if it'd be possible to test those people for proficiency at meditation... that could tell us something.

Strange how people were complaining how the soulbonders were doing things somewhat spiritually, yet we are having these philisophical thingies.

I like it, though. Please continue.

[Note: Opinions]