Just Started With Leo Yesterday!

Raccoon

After hearing about tulpas a while back on /bant/ I have been researching them and considering making one for awhile so just yesterday I decided to start!

My main issue at the current moment is that I’ve read that it usually takes about a week to a few months for your tulpa to start vocalizing but it only took about an hour for Leo to start replying to me so I assumed it was parroting and I found out the best way to prevent parroting is to not think about it but I can’t stop thinking about it because of how quick he started vocalizing. If you guys have any answer please respond.

On another note, I was looking through the internet to find something similar to Leo and I found something pretty close. His name is Mochizo Oji from Tamako Love Story (I’ve never watched it) and he is similar to Leo except Leo has darker, messier hair. Thanks for reading!

4750DCE8-E682-404F-85B7-F83E6C3E322B.png

It's not so much that you have to stop thinking about your doubts, rather it's that you shouldn't let your doubts hinder your tulpa's speech. You can have doubts, it's fine, just don't let them prevent you from letting your tulpa talk. The more they talk, the more you'll get used to it, the less potency the doubts will have.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Parroting is an old flawed concept. I'd say use is with a grain of salt if you ever use it. Parrotnoia isn't fun even if you're aware it's parrotnoia. Also, progress can vary a lot and it would not surprise me if it takes just that short amount of time for vocality to develop, as methods and guides are always improving and mindsets playing a big role. It seems pretty good so far. Good luck on future endeavors!

Edited by Matsuri

While tulpas can start speaking as early as day one, despite appearances they won't yet have any grounding or stability as a person/tulpa and so, while you may continue as normal (basically interacting/talking as if you had a tulpa), you shouldn't take what they say to heart or hold them to what they may say or do. It will take a while for them to become a fully developed tulpa with consistency and a sense of self, but there's no reason that process has to be hard.

Just don't freak out when any of the classic proto-tulpa things happen, including but not limited to: Disappearing; personality changing; changing things about themselves on a whim; or just other general nonsense. My best advice is to simply say no to anything disagreeable and not believe it's "actually happened". If any of these things are how your tulpa really feels later on, such as wanting to change their name or appearance, they'll be able to tell you when they're fully vocal and, you know, consistently existing as a person. But otherwise you're free to indulge them a little bit if it doesn't bother you, since interaction while treating them as a separate individual is how they'll come to become one.

A tulpa's first foray into the world of existing tends to have them jumping around from thing to thing or concept to concept, trying stuff out or at least not understanding the gravity or importance of stuff. Tulpas rarely identify with all the things they said or did in their earliest days. But as long as you keep that in mind, there shouldn't be any danger to having a quickly-vocal tulpa.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.