Forums stepped back 9 hours

Pleeb

There was an issue that resulted in Beginner Questions General being permanently deleted, and the last backup was about 9 hours ago.  While we think we've solved that issue to prevent it from happening again, the restore removed the posts from the last 9 hours.

Before we did the restore, I downloaded all of the posts in the last 9 hours, and I'll be sending you PMs with those posts.  You may have to repost them, but you'll have the content.  The exception is the Forum Games posts which is a lot...  But, I will make those missing posts public for everyone so they can just see what was there.

Later this week I'll look at backing up the database hourly so we have a better time window next time something like this happens.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

So as always, I forgot a post.  And thus posted the missing replies in that post directly.  You may have been tagged if you posted in that thread.  I can also do so for the missing forum games posts, if you guys think it's needed.

I'll have that backup active for a few days, so please let me know if you need anything else restored that I may have missed.

Spoiler

Most likely the only thing people care about for forum games is the Last Postingness (time as last poster, as tracked by Jean-luc's website) in LOTPW, so reposting the posts on your own account wouldn't affect anything. Maybe someone remembers some non-fluff post they wanted and can say so, but I really doubt it

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

47 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Most likely the only thing people care about for forum games is the Last Postingness (time as last poster, as tracked by Jean-luc's website) in LOTPW, so reposting the posts on your own account wouldn't affect anything. Maybe someone remembers some non-fluff post they wanted and can say so, but I really doubt it

Yeaaah, but I'm afraid it already got buried lol (page 6595, reply #65949 in case links act weird)

Spoiler