Darron Draws Badly ft. Jaina

It may be simple but I can see the kindness in your face!ย ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

I think developing your own style is more important than striving for realism. Neither one of us are ever going to be great realistic people-drawers, but we can developย our own individual styles .

Also known as GypsyRoad or Phil Present. Call me what you want, I'm not picky.

Simmieย is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely think a bit outside the box and play around with methods. Using tools, programs, aids seem to help a lot. Even just reference drawings. I have a hard time focusing on iron-clad hyper detailed images in my head. I just kinda feel it and grow it as I make it.

Darron: Host ๐Ÿ’ย 

Jaina: Tulpa ๐Ÿ’ย 

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: ๐Ÿบ

[DeviantArt]

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my first attempt at JainaTaker:

ย 

Spoiler

358420041_JainaTakerProject2.png.4cd4eed75a3c9beb1be58a9999f6e58a.png

ย 

In the future I might try the more dynamic hip dance pose. Some of this was freehand some were shapes like the head, eyes, and nose. My hand control is not the sturdiest. Ironically I had better control with the mouse than my stencil. I think part of the problem is the sensitivity of the stencil is rather unforgiving and accidentally committed on cursor drags because of a minute shake or movement of my hand. I may have to work up to that. This turned out better than I expected but less than I hoped. Kind of the story of my life lol. I'm lazy and don't like drawing 500 individual hair strands and don't want to make an ugly "hair cap" that's one shape (looking at you early 2000s videogames). So I'm very pleased that the like 25 strands I did draw seem fine. It's like the "anime nose" that hints at the more stuff and makes your brain fill in the missing bit. Great shorthand.

ย 

Oh theme. This is based off of the HellTaker chibi dance style. Only it's Jaina. If I get more competent I might try the dialogue screen style. I wanted to do the whole gif dance but I don't think I'm even close to being able to animate. Style is giving off a bit of reboot trust fund baby Lara Croft vibe.

ย 

I'll post some links and references here:

Spoiler

550673242_helltakerrosterartstyle.thumb.jpg.0c4492cee500475450229d7f20d303ca.jpg1026323336_cerberusdance.gif.fa2713b3dbb0dd0cc95cfff09493e129.gif992310492_bandicam2019-05-2904-16-45-624-Copy.thumb.jpg.aa9e75d673ea7b89c50eec2d4cbb2021.jpg

ย 

[DeviantArt]

• 1 month later...
(edited)

We were watching people play Gartic on YT and wanted to join in. It's a game but involves art so figured we would paste it here. It's the telephone game but you take turns drawing prompts and guessing drawings. Suppose to be at least 3 maybe 4 players I think.

ย 

No timer and modded the rules a bit since just us two. First player does prompt, second player draws, first guesses second's drawing then makes a drawing of their own guess, then second guesses the first's drawing. Little cheaty since we can watch each other drawing. ๐Ÿ˜† Anyways:

Spoiler

1078934573_GarticwithJainaturn1.thumb.png.b1840012d94032d1decdeaedd11c4e94.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1549868829_GarticWithJainaTurn2.thumb.png.a52270c985e87ea5f8c7591f110bd358.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1374324603_GarticwithJainaTurn3.thumb.png.b8a6b7a6c18e761065f079a9171ce9ba.png

We only did one drawing each because we were beat already. I think hers was more clever. Channeling some Blacksad today I think. We played the game recently.

ย 

I may have labeled or described bad in the photos. Jaina did the first drawing, I drew the second.

Edited by Glaurung26

[DeviantArt]

Those are all adorable, but I really love the animal wall street drawing! So creative.

Host: Wray (or John) (he, him)
Tulpa: Shizuku (she, her) ๐Ÿบ

We now have a progress report!

She's got good instinct for composition.ย 

[DeviantArt]

Thanks! We might have to do another drawing prompt again sometime. That was really fun. Might even turn it into a forum game.

ย 

Poster 1: Optional drawing prompt. Gives a prompt to the next poster.

Poster 2: Draws from the previous prompt. Gives the next prompt.

Poster 3: Draws from the previous prompt. Gives the next prompt.

Repeat.

[DeviantArt]