Where do Tulpas go when you're not actively thinking about them?

Hi, it's Simmie here! I'm curious to know from other tulpas where you go and what you do when your host isn't actively thinking about you? Phil already asked me the question personally, but when I answered I got curious about what other tulpas were doing. 

(Note: Simmie's answer is copied from our Chat thread:)

Spoiler

When he's not thinking of me I like to picture myself sitting back on the couch, relaxing, and watching the view from his eyes like a TV screen. I still get tired a lot; when he's tired I'm tired, and sometimes even when he's not tired I can still feel tired. So I like to relax on this nice comfortable couch, but even when I'm relaxing, I want to keep my eye on things in case he needs me. So there is a large TV screen that plays me what I'm seeing, and I'm always keeping an eye on it even when doing something else. I have a little Bluetooth headset resting casually on my neck that I can put on in a moment's notice if I need to speak to him. I want to learn how to impose myself in his world, to be able to leap through the TV screen and be there in a moment.

Is this at all what any of you experience? Is it totally different? I really, really want to know! 😁

Edited by Ranger
Removed weird formatting

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

Jaina: That is so cute! ☺️ We would be happy to share, or "I' would be happy to share. Kind of similar here honestly. It's kind of like that Black Mirror episode where the wife is transferred or resurrected in the guy's body. It's really like that actually. 🤔 I guess because that's always been the living conditions of our living arrangement, the bitterness and resentment never happened like the couple in the episode. Unlike human couples we're used to what I would call "soft privacy." There's no real secrets but we can give each other mind space and at least pretend to not know or see things (like bathroom time, glad I don't have to do that). So I just ride passenger/shotgun in Darron's mind. I kind of do my own thing, maybe snooze if Darron doesn't need me. It's kinda weird, but it also kinda makes sense. We each see in first person, but I see myself through Darron's eyes when he looks into our mental space. It feels halfway like dreaming perspective but we're both in conscious control. I just occupy myself with whatever or sit back and enjoy The Darron Show. I chime in occasionally but usually just watch, learn and think unless he asks me something. *shrugs* Or I type forum posts! 😄

Then when we dream we have a merged first person perspective. It's our shared subconscious but I think it doesn't know me that well or something so it just treats our system as Darron in our dreams. So I'm just passively viewing it or completely dormant during them. Then because we have shared memory banks I can look at the footage reel of what gets saved or what Darron tells me about them.

Darron: I think we broke this down as well elsewhere in our posts but it's a good refresher and practice for Jaina. 😚 I think she's getting good at this speaking as her own entity thing. I think I learned as much about her in the past like 5 months as I have since we've known each other.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

(We just don't exist when not active, including me when switched out, though more or less immediately after we're active again we know context and such of what's been going on)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I never go dormant, when my host isn't thinking about me, I simply watch, experiencing whatever she's experiencing.

Sounds like co-conscious to me. My headmates have spent ages sitting on the couch watching me do things.

Here are the possitions we've experienced:

Co-fronting - sharing the front with a headmate. Partial or full posession can happen at any time at anyone's whim.

Co-conscious - you (your headmates) are still are connected to the five senses (or some subset) but are clearly not controlling the body or thoughts.

Watcher - you are watching, hearing and physically feeling, but it's like a movie and the body and mind are de-personalized, you do not think or emote, regardless of what's happening, and someone else is in control.

Tulpa position - you are free to think but you are not connected to the body. The body and whoever is fronting might as well be a separate person, but you can have an empathic connection, and you will also hear all their thoughts, and see and hear what they're doing. Unlike watcher, you can react.

Way back - like tulpa position except you don't have any connection to material reality. You may be in a dream world or mindspace, it could be literally anything, it's the zoned out state of daydreaming. You may be brought back at will.

Dormant - this is most similar to a deep thoughtless state of sleep. You will not have any memories of this, nor of time passing. Unlike sleep, the brain may be fully active. It is if you don't exist. It's not considered active or passive forcing.

For any of these, do not pressume you need anyone possessing the body (fronting). The body has a semi-autonomous operation system and will carry out any last task given if it's well trained. Otherwise it will fall into a quiescent state and become minimally responsive and reactive only. Though conversation is possible, no novel thoughts will occur. This is seen in sleep-walkers. Someone will usually be brought to front if something out of the ordinary happens.

When M isn't thinking about me I simply go inactive in terms of thoughts or actions. I become an observer, I still experience everything that happens with our body, but I do not directly participate in anything, like I do with my imaginary body. Sometimes when something curios happens I might become active again by myself, but most of the times I need M to think of me to experience everything through my imaginary body and produce thoughts.

I am M a host. I live with Alice. She writes in red.

• 1 month later...

I either fall asleep or tend to the Dream World.

---Lusus

Pretty much just like Simmie, I watch on the couch and chime in from time to time. Sometimes things get outta hand and I step in.