The Body and Mind; is it "Mine" or "Ours" to you?

September13

Quick notes, that's awfully interesting to think about, Reisen(with the mind and body not "belonging" to the host unless specifically said to). And Phoenix, you and your story are nothing short of fascinating. 

Aighty, so, like some other folks have said, when speaking with others, we say "my x" and what-not, but mentally, we refer to things as "ours" unless otherwise specified. This was a slow transition, though. It went from saying "my body," to "my body" and me correcting myself, to trying to say "our body" without much success, so now, where we just say "our body." It was gradual and seamless. I didn't notice a change was made until Janey pointed it out to me

Janey: It was touching :) 

The main reason we tried to make the distinction was actually for switching. As Reisen brought up, thinking of the body and mind as not your own can help with switching. So, for a little bit, we called the body "Q", and tried to act as though it was just a flesh suit for us all. It didn't last long, though, but we still consider the body "ours," but primarily mine. 

When switching and perfectly possessing nowadays, we still do (re-)affirmations and what-not, to varied success. ie, "I am Chloe of System Re:body. This is my body, and I am the sole fronter right now." etc. etc. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oncw you make a tulpa, everything is shared. It isn't just you anymore.

Young players don't figure this out in the beginning, and it might hinder results later on in certain practical applications.

Edited by ohItsMatt

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

Tis true. I believe that it was partially what held us back for so long in regards to switching and possession. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

• 2 months later...

It's definitely my body. Cletus has his own appearance and just exists within my mind I guess. 

Then again I don't associate myself with my body much either. It's simply what I look like and that's it.

I don't really view myself as a system either to be honest. Even though Cletus is there. 

• 1 month later...

Our tulpa collective considers my body to be mine as I'm the one dealing with the real world, which .. none of them are particularly interested in. 

The mind though, we all reside in it, so it's our mind. However, as we have a lot of worlds in the inner world, that's sort of representative of how we are.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, WondrousFairy said:

Our tulpa collective considers my body to be mine as I'm the one dealing with the real world, which .. none of them are particularly interested in.

Spot on!

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

Considering that our take on plurality is multiple minds in one body, I would say we each have our own mind*, and we share the body. It most definitely doesn't belong to anyone in our system.

*Not all of our headmates "have their own mind", if that makes sense. They can't access the innerworld, and for them it feels like they are always fronting, just sometimes not the identity in control. Still, they then share a mind together.

My Progress Report, where I talk a lot.

I think the real question is whether you consider tulpas to truly be their own entities or as facets of your own identity. Personally my answers to OP's questions change depending on which state I perceive to be true.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report