How useful is hypnosis for tulpamancy for you?

TB

I wonder if it would be worth it to try hypnosis for helping tulpamancy again, but I am not sure if it did anything in the past or not. I could never get suggestions to do anything and it felt like pretending a lot, and never gave any sort of special experience. It really is hard to tell if it is supposed to be like that or if I did something wrong. All it seemed to do is make me relaxed.

Is there anything substantial that it can actually do at all? If it can, I am not sure what I did wrong to seemingly only ever result in relaxation

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I tried watching a few hypnosis videos a while back and it had the same effect on me as it did on you; it just made me feel relaxed, nothing more. It might be different with in-person hypnosis, but I doubt that's an experience I'm going to be able to have.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

Hypnosis to me feels like a mind over matter, belief thing where what the hypnotist does doesn't matter as much as how you react. I don't believe in magic or divinity so anything coached that way I just blank face at. I could understand mental/emotional anesthesia to calm your mind and lower your trained walls and defenses, then do some poking around in there. That's about it for my thoughts. I'm a materialist. 🤷‍♂️

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

When you're actually in a hypnotic trance the difference can be startling. If you're doing it to yourself, the first time you succeed it will likely bring you back out of it. It's a state of being close to hypnogogia in intensity but without a slow-down in thought, and the imagery that's being used as part of the hypnosis can become hallucination-grade or close. Another indicator is that your eyes will start to move around rapidly - though focusing on that can bring you out of it too.

Hypnosis is a technique. The state, it should be noted, is not actually a different state from that of the deepest forms of meditation. In fact guided meditation is literally hypnosis viewed through another lens. If hypnosis as a technique doesn't work for you I'd focus on attaining it with meditative practices instead. And again, when you start getting the transcendental feelings and the other cool stuff, that's when you know you'll have attained it, it's a very distinct state that's hard to mistake for anything else. Similarly, that early stage of relaxation is like the early stages of meditation, it's just the surface of the practice, as it were.

A couple of caveats to what I've observed with hypnosis as a technique though:

• Suggestibility as a personal thing exists - There doesn't seem to be a reason to imply anyone is truly invulnerable to hypnotic suggestion, but between mindset and genetics there are definitely people it works on less, and some may require a heck of a lot scripts and imagery well-tailored to them before it works, or a skilled hypnotist.
  • The imagery that's used in hypnosis is extremely important. When a hypnotist has you on a couch and is hypnotizing you they will abandon certain lines of imagery that you do not respond to on the fly. This is part of the real skill involved in the process, and it's the main reason scripts/pre-written imagery can fail. If at some point you question the script, that means it wasn't good enough. You need to respond at every step. Hypnosis requires complete immersion.
  • There should be no sensation of judgement at all in hypnosis, or you're resisting it whether through the imagery not being good enough or through your mindset. The correct state of mind for hypnosis is one of acceptance, or more specifically, just watching the imagery as it happens. Doubt kills the process the same as it does for tulpamancy.
Edited by ZenAndMika

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.

Thanks for the responses

1 hour ago, ZenAndMika said:

When you're actually in a hypnotic trance the difference can be startling.

it's a very distinct state that's hard to mistake for anything else.

Based on that, I don't think I ever have experienced it then, since otherwise I shouldn't be unsure. Once I was trying hypnosis though and was so relaxed it almost was like I was asleep though, and for some reason my dad entering my room was several times louder than it actually was. For some reason it sounded like explosions happening so that startled me very much. I don't know why that happened. It was just coming out of whatever state that was strange though, whatever I was actually in just seemed like being very very relaxed, I think. I've never had hallucination grade imagery from hypnosis or anything much above normal visualization skills. I've had hypnogogia imagery before but not while trying to do hypnosis

Hypnosis is a technique. The state, it should be noted, is not actually a different state from that of the deepest forms of meditation. In fact guided meditation is literally hypnosis viewed through another lens. If hypnosis as a technique doesn't work for you I'd focus on attaining it with meditative practices instead.

Focusing on meditation is already something I intended to do so I guess I'll keep doing that. My concentration skills seem to improve slowly though, so I don't expect myself to get to very deep meditation reliably for many months or years, which is why I was hoping hypnosis could maybe help until I get to that point. I guess that idea would not work then, would it? How did you learn to use hypnosis so well and how long did it take? When I tried it, I used linkzelda's hypnosis scripts and instructions, and did it for several months. If anything it felt like over time it may have became worse, as it became boring after a while and it never got deeper or better. Any sort of suggestion like making hands levitate or whatever else also never worked as I knew I was just lifting them up when I would get to that part. If hypnosis says something is going to happen and it doesn't and I have to make it happen myself knowingly, it seems like that is a big failure, and it is never not that for me despite how accepting I try to be.

There should be no sensation of judgement at all in hypnosis, or you're resisting it whether through the imagery not being good enough or through your mindset. The correct state of mind for hypnosis is one of acceptance, or more specifically, just watching the imagery as it happens. Doubt kills the process the same as it does for tulpamancy.

I think I have a mind that naturally likes to scrutinize things more than other people, but I consciously try to accept everything anyway so I can get the effect other people talk about. Maybe using scripts someone else made was bad, but I don't recall being aversive to them, and I'm not sure how to make a good script. Especially for induction as I'm not convinced I've ever experienced deep hypnosis that is needed for anything beneficial to happen anyway. If I can't get there I guess there isn't a point to read a script that is supposed to create an effect or change unconscious mind for the better

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

4 hours ago, TB said:

I think I have a mind that naturally likes to scrutinize things more than other people, but I consciously try to accept everything anyway so I can get the effect other people talk about.

Trying to consciously accept hypnosis doesn't work, you need to be entirely focusing on the visualization happening and not thinking at all otherwise. Thinking about trying to be hypnotized in the process is like attempting meditation to empty your thoughts and then thinking about emptying your thoughts. As soon as you do, you're no longer meditating as intended. Hypnosis requires your thoughts to be very focused and passive. If achieving that focus is the part you struggle with that's something you can train yourself to do through mindfulness meditation and other types of meditation that centre around fixating on a particular thing.

Zen - Host.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

I see. I guess I mean accept that hypnosis actually is supposed to work and have some kind of useful effect and go along with it as best I can. It's been a while since I tried but I do believe I was generally able to go through the motions and drone through the induction words and the rest of it and making the visual images to best of my ability. It could create relaxation, but it was just that was all it was doing seemingly. I can try to start up again but I still just don't understand what I did incorrectly, if it is supposed to do more than it did.  Whatever I am missing seems out of my conscious control if it requires unconscious compliance that I don't know isn't happening. Or if it will only work if I somehow make all the imagery myself, but I don't really know how to do that or where to start, or if that is even the problem. Feeling discouraged about it all also is frustrating because that is probably another reason out of my control that it won't work even if I try. I don't like how so many things are some kind of self fulfilling prophecy based on unwanted unconscious mind contents

What I was doing was primarily opened eye hypnosis attempts that required reading through the script too, if that information is useful. I can't remember everything if I lay down and close my eyes. I suppose I will try to write something myself and see if it goes well, but unfortunately I write poorly so I hope that fact doesn't make it distracting. I hope it doesn't end up being a waste of time

I'm not sure if you mentioned how long it should take? Is hypnosis one of those things that it takes years before you finally successfully enter into the state? Or is it something that will only work if done correctly, and once done correctly it works immediately? I don't know how to differentiate smashing my head into a wall doing something that won't work even if I attempt it 100 million times from a scenario where it will work but I just have to keep trying as I am until it does. Like if I write a hypnosis script for myself and read it and fail to enter hypnosis, is that a sign to start over on the script? Or do I have to read the script 100 times first?

I also noticed you said hypnosis makes your eyes dart around a lot, so that seems impossible with reading a script to enter the state. If that is a case, maybe open eyed hypnosis is actually impossible, but I recall what I read saying it was just as good. If I have to do closed eyed... I am not sure how to do that as I'll just stumble through constantly

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

30 minutes ago, TB said:

I'm not sure if you mentioned how long it should take? Is hypnosis one of those things that it takes years before you finally successfully enter into the state? Or is it something that will only work if done correctly, and once done correctly it works immediately?

Varies between people in a similar fashion to meditation. Some take to it easily, others take time to learn it. The process itself can also vary in time spent, depending on skill and suggestibility and such. Some people need large, detailed visualizations in order to successfully get to a deep state of hypnosis.

30 minutes ago, TB said:

I don't know how to differentiate smashing my head into a wall doing something that won't work even if I attempt it 100 million times from a scenario where it will work but I just have to keep trying as I am until it does. Like if I write a hypnosis script for myself and read it and fail to enter hypnosis, is that a sign to start over on the script? Or do I have to read the script 100 times first?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTmZ0bkWkNYwKJL8L0xkectBOwIkp7SLgkb0lT8u444/edit#
I think this guide here has a good breakdown of how to actually write scripts (in part 8.3). Basically it depends on how you respond to it whether it should be rewritten. The script should be causing you to visualize without effort and consistently or they're too simple or worded in the wrong way. If that's happening and it's just failing because you're not in a state of acceptance though, that's a problem with your mindset, not the script.

30 minutes ago, TB said:

I also noticed you said hypnosis makes your eyes dart around a lot, so that seems impossible with reading a script to enter the state.

This part is a side-effect of visualizing deeply and having your eyes closed. Scripts are fundamentally less effective than tailoring imagery on the fly, but they do work and having closed eyes helps dissociate a little from reality and visualize but it's not necessary. Learning to do it closed-eye takes effort to learn as if you were properly learning to be a hypnotist.

Edited by ZenAndMika

Zen - Host.

hello there, I'm a certified consulting hypnotist that got introduced into the tulpa field through people who wanted to have (erotic) tulpas made for them, through hypnosis. so I have some experience in the area of creating tulpas through hypnosis (there is not much demand for it). 

first off, I don't consider listening to audios and reading scripts and self-hypnosis, to be Real hypnosis. Real in the sense of getting results. those types of stuff are not meant to work for everybody and if people try them and fail, they conclude that hypnosis doesn't work for them. Real hypnosis is being hypnotized by a living breathing human in front of you. 

hypnosis IS the best and fastest way to make a tulpa, however, every way has it's own advantages and disadvantages. let's get into the disadvantages first:

one of the things about hypnosis(of course I'm talking about the "Real hypnosis" whenever is say this) is that everywhere in the world it's being done in a different way, and all of them work to a certain degree, some better than others. 

if you go to every hypnotist, each one of them has their own biases of trainings and skills. so one of them might have a certain bias that won't be effective for achieving your results, because the hypnotist was not competent or skilled enough or from a bias of training which says achieving certain results are impossible. and there is probably another hypnotist out there with a better bias that is more skilled and well equipped to help you out. 

another disadvantage is that this way is not a DIY(do it yourself) method, you have to invest real money so that another person helps you to get the tulpa and you have to BE COMMITED. for hypnosis to work, one must truly be committed to the process with a "I will do this" attitude, not a "ah well, it would be nice if hypnosis works" attitude.

Advantages:

well, it's fast. like real fast, much faster than the other conventional methods. and more effective, for example hallucinating the tulpa(called imposition in the community IIRC) is effectively possible with hypnosis, in all sensory modalities, visual, auditory, kinesthetic, gustatory and olfactory.

making the tulpa a separate autonomous sentient thought process is easy with hypnosis.

this probably sounds like a magic pill, because it is a magic pill really, sometimes I'm amazed how well it works.

my advice is if you really want to have hypnosis quickly, then search around for a skilled hypnotist/hypnotherapist, check their reputation, their resume, where were they trained? do they get results with their clients? then ask them about your demand, some of them might not agree to this "creation of tulpa thing" probably because they don't know what the hell it is. some hypnotists who have an experimental attitude might be willing to do it if you educate them properly. in other words, i don't know what their response will be. some of them might be comfortable with it, some might say they only do therapeutic stuff, etc.

at any rate I wish you good luck on your journey to ,,create a tulpa!

Edited by saleh rayan

8 hours ago, saleh rayan said:

hello there, I'm a certified consulting hypnotist that got introduced into the tulpa field through people who wanted to have (erotic) tulpas made for them, through hypnosis. so I have some experience in the area of creating tulpas through hypnosis (there is not much demand for it). 

first off, I don't consider listening to audios and reading scripts and self-hypnosis, to be Real hypnosis. Real in the sense of getting results. those types of stuff are not meant to work for everybody and if people try them and fail, they conclude that hypnosis doesn't work for them. Real hypnosis is being hypnotized by a living breathing human in front of you. 

hypnosis IS the best and fastest way to make a tulpa, however, every way has it's own advantages and disadvantages. let's get into the disadvantages first:

one of the things about hypnosis(of course I'm talking about the "Real hypnosis" whenever is say this) is that everywhere in the world it's being done in a different way, and all of them work to a certain degree, some better than others. 

if you go to every hypnotist, each one of them has their own biases of trainings and skills. so one of them might have a certain bias that won't be effective for achieving your results, because the hypnotist was not competent or skilled enough or from a bias of training which says achieving certain results are impossible. and there is probably another hypnotist out there with a better bias that is more skilled and well equipped to help you out. 

another disadvantage is that this way is not a DIY(do it yourself) method, you have to invest real money so that another person helps you to get the tulpa and you have to BE COMMITED. for hypnosis to work, one must truly be committed to the process with a "I will do this" attitude, not a "ah well, it would be nice if hypnosis works" attitude.

Advantages:

well, it's fast. like real fast, much faster than the other conventional methods. and more effective, for example hallucinating the tulpa(called imposition in the community IIRC) is effectively possible with hypnosis, in all sensory modalities, visual, auditory, kinesthetic, gustatory and olfactory.

making the tulpa a separate autonomous sentient thought process is easy with hypnosis.

this probably sounds like a magic pill, because it is a magic pill really, sometimes I'm amazed how well it works.

my advice is if you really want to have hypnosis quickly, then search around for a skilled hypnotist/hypnotherapist, check their reputation, their resume, where were they trained? do they get results with their clients? then ask them about your demand, some of them might not agree to this "creation of tulpa thing" probably because they don't know what the hell it is. some hypnotists who have an experimental attitude might be willing to do it if you educate them properly. in other words, i don't know what their response will be. some of them might be comfortable with it, some might say they only do therapeutic stuff, etc.

at any rate I wish you good luck on your journey to ,,create a tulpa!

That's very detailed. Thank you!

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]