Tulpas and Dreams

Hey everyone, I’m wondering how you guys experience your tulpas in your dreams, if at all. I had a lucid dream last night, and found myself walking around a backyard of some house I’ve never been, and I started calling out Lucy’s name. I’ve heard the trick that you imagine they are already behind you, and then turn around but this didn’t prove fruitful. I heard her in mind voice during the dream talking to me, and she said she was with me, but I couldn’t make her appear nor hear her and I felt pretty sad. I tried a few more times but nothing worked and eventually the dream lapsed and I lost lucidity. Has anyone been with their tulpas in a dream successfully, and if so, how did you manage it? I believe this is possible, but the fact I was in a lucid dream and still could only speak to Lucy in mind voice made me really sad upon waking.

While I've had lucid dreams resist attempts at altering them in general, I've actually not had any direct issue bringing my tulpa into lucid dreams. Unfortunately this doesn't really help me advise you do it successfully, but I'd at least confirm that it's certainly possible. In fact, before they were really vocal, one of my initial major events during their development was me dreaming about them and it becoming a lucid dream. Not as just a mindvoice, but including their full form, and I was able to interact with them physically in the dream.

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.

I haven't yet had the pleasure of encountering FAM in my dreams. :( We'll have to work on that.

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

Had many instances where I had a lucid dream with my tulpa. Perspective seems to shift depending on who is in control (last time I had my tulpa "possess" me in my dream, it was very weird)

One trick with lucid dreaming visualization is that if you think that they'll be behind you well, unless they are "really" there that won't work, because your tulpa (supposedly, hopefully) is not just a random npc spawned by your mind to fill in the dream, it is actually a living entity, so if you want to play that trick you gotta agree on it together.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

I got really interested in lucid dreaming around the same time I made my tulpa, with the idea of meeting him face to face a natural incentive. However, even in the dozens of times I've managed to get lucid, I struggle to manipulate my environment. I don't think I've ever been able to spawn or change anything around me, which includes Mordecai.

However, I did "encounter" him in a normal dream once. I was looking at objects on a table in a store, when I heard him speak. It was kind of like he was speaking in his mindvoice, but I could hear it in my ears as if it was coming out of my own mouth. It was so alarming that we both had a freakout moment, kind of like we simultaneously realized we were in a dream. I'm guessing this doesn't happen more often because I usually have very strange dreams where I rarely think or speak, so I wouldn't have a reason to ask him anything or hear him. Either way, you've had extremely similar experiences to me.

Apparently, its not uncommon for people to struggle with "spawning" objects. They end up lucid in a dream, only to find themselves having to go along with whatever the dream throws at them. Seems like it has to do with some kind of mental block that you have to undo through repeated practice. I'm guessing having good stability control and getting lucid with more time to dream would really help in dream control. Here's hoping we both get it someday!

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

While it happens infrequently, I have had dreams where I see one of my head ghosts.  But it's completely unexceptional.  In the dream, I interact with them the same way as I do when awake.  They're still tulpas, and while they might be clearer looking while dreaming, they don't seem like in the flesh people do in dreams.  But each time it happens, they confirm that it was in fact them in the dream and not some dream analogue to them.

Although it's worth noting that these are just normal dreams.  I get bouts of sleep paralysis every now and then, and potentially getting another such bout when trying to become lucid is the last thing I want to do.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

About once a week, the last time was a couple nights ago when we were talking about how shenanigans are only allowed in dreams, then shenanigans happened in the very next dream, but mostly pg-13. 

[Miri] My tulpa and I dream together every night. It didn't use to be like this tho, I used to dream alone until my tulpa started fronting all the time with me. We're always co-fronting in real life so it kinda makes sense that we're also co-fronting in dreams too, so for us the key was definitely more fronting on my tulpa's end.

Edited by Trinity

Wow, thank you guys for all of your replies, this is definitely helping me get a better picture as to what it's like dreaming with tulpas, and how to bring it about.  It seems like if I work on more imposition and especially co-fronting, it'll come easier.  We've been co-fronting quite a decent amount too recently, with Lucy sometimes coming up and sharing the front if I'm doing or experiencing something really interesting she wants to butt her nose into haha.  So far I've experienced several dreams with female characters by my side that felt like they might have been her, but she can't confirm it upon waking, but we certainly think it's possible.  These dreams weren't lucid, but we were playing roles that involved us being very close or even romantically involved.  I'll keep y'all updated! 

I've indeed had shared dreams with tulpas. Funny enough, I was just talking about it in LOTPW. We've had dreams where I and a system mate will both be in the dream, from our own viewpoint. In the dream itself, I can't say whether or not we were aware it was really the other or what, but once we wake up, we touch base and confirm that we both just had the same dream. 

It seems only the main fronter(typically me) can have independent dreams, and tups just kinda void while I dream. If they do have a dream, it'll be the same one as me through the same lense(Figuratively speaking). I feel it's also worth noting that I've had dreams where my system mates were present but when I awoke it was merely a dream-them. 

We can't do imposition and don't do imposition exercises, but as of late we've been a lot looser with the front. Though, the shared dreams occured before then. I think we've become lucid a total of 3 or so times, all very recently, but I had no ability to "spawn" any of my system mates in. Most of the shared dreams are non-lucid. 

Although, I do recall Zach and I having a shared dream where we became lucid for a bit, enough to confirmed it was indeed the other, before waking up. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space