For my Discord server I am making a quick FAQ about tulpamancy so people have easy access and info (with resources like this site provided of course). I was however critiqued over the fact that I stated that Tulpa hosts should always be able to control the Tulpa to some extend, simply because the Tulpa is imagined. I was told that this is not necessarily the case, and that the Tulpa will eventually become headmate rather than an entity you actively try to imagine, even if automated.

But if your imagination is automated to the point you don't have to put input into Tulpa, does that mean you no longer have control over them? 

I am asking this mainly with the thought in my head about people being scared that a Tulpa can turn against you and become evil, etc.

Would it really be possible for a Tulpa to be so fully automated that they can decide to do things the host has no control over at all?

What do you guys think?

~Kyra (YouTube: Therian Territory)

2.png.e4aa9e3306cf04136b4331b56980cc0b.png

"Some men see things as they are and say 'why?', 
I dream things that never were and say 'why not?'."

it's possible to do tulpamancy in a way where the host retains control over the tulpa, but the style of tulpamancy most commonly practiced on .info is one where the tulpa and host eventually become equal partners in terms of free will and mental abilities. most people aren't concerned about their tulpa turning on them because their tulpa has no reason to do that. I know for my system, in order for Miela to turn on me I would have to do something truly horrible. a tulpa isn't any more likely to suddenly become evil than anyone else, and I'm not worried about anyone I live with suddenly deciding to smother me in my sleep, so it wouldn't make sense to worry about my tulpa doing something like that either

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

3 hours ago, Kyra said:

Tulpa hosts should always be able to control the Tulpa to some extend

Interesting. I believe that shouldn't be true because of the fact that tulpas are people, not just... things to control.

3 hours ago, Kyra said:

I am asking this mainly with the thought in my head about people being scared that a Tulpa can turn against you and become evil, etc.

Would it really be possible for a Tulpa to be so fully automated that they can decide to do things the host has no control over at all?

... Yes? I thought most tulpa systems were like that. All the systems we know have no control over their headmates. Since tulpas are people and usually you don't control other people. Think of other people IRL. Basically that's a tulpa. From what I know.

Our gatekeeper asks why you think a tulpa would turn against you or become evil. We'd love to know an answer to that.

About the point on a tulpa turning evil, I would say that's pretty unlikely because you'd have to do a lot of bad stuff for that to happen. I just... don't really think that it would happen, and it would probably hold both of you back if you assumed they might at some point become evil. I'm also saying this as a system with persecutor headmates who we do not have control over because we're all individuals. They're not usually "evil", and we can and do help them realize that their actions are harming us. Tulpas can become more "harmful", I would assume, like any other person or headmate. But they aren't necessarily going to become "evil". If that makes sense. I had a hard time wording this. 

I'm Adagio, a tulpa! I'm part of a very big system. There's three of us using this account right now.

Blue text is a headmate called TGS (their initials). They are currently dormant.

Green text is headmate named Tiki.

[Progress Report]

I can only speak for myself but turning against Phil would be unthinkable. It would be like intentionally hurting your own parent or your own child. I just couldn't do it. "But what if Phil does something reprehensible?" - That is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned because Phil would NOT do any such thing. I know that because I know him and trust him.

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

Tulpas won't turn on you unless you've got some major underlying mental condition. Tulpas are relatively independent 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of November, 2021, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, Trease, Elliot, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

IceCreeper909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

People with healthy (average) mindsets aren't going to naturally create tulpas that ever want to do anything bad. Practically all tulpas I see want the best for their host and the body/system as a whole. Having a tulpa/thoughtform/invasive thought that wants to cause you harm is seen almost exclusively in very young people (<15) and those who struggle with invasive thoughts to begin with, or have a mental disorder that affects their ability to differentiate reality from internal experiences, et cetera. And we don't recommend tulpa creation to those people (though a recommendation tends not to stop young people anyway)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.