Glow in the Dark Stargazing: Mordecai and Slipper

Slipper

On 4/2/2023 at 9:50 PM, Editt said:

I really enjoy reading your guy’s progress!
I definitely feel that once my tulpa has been around that long, I’ll also run out of things to do with her. (she’s extremely young, like I literally created her last month.) But then again, I feel like having another being in my mind could never get boring. I dunno, it’s a mixture. 

(I also do fear that my tulpa will feel a lot like a bystander, and I don’t want her to feel that way. Hopefully, having a wonderland where she can do really whatever she wants will help.)

Regardless, I’m very fond of the relationship you two have with each-other, the way Mordecai supports you is a level of bonding I hope to one day have with my tulpa.

Thanks for reading! Glad you're enjoying our PR!

It's kind of an odd thing. I wouldn't say it's boring having Mordecai around, but it does become ordinary after a while. I almost forget how weird it is to have someone else speaking to me throughout the day in my mind unless I really think about it. The host-tulpamancy dynamic is like any other kind of human relationship; it starts with a lot of interest in each other, but as time passes and you "grow" with the person, you become content just to hang out with each other. It makes it really easy to hang out with Mordecai in daily life, but it's kind of made things stale in a way. 

I think a tulpa feeling like a bystander is heavily dependent on the tulpa and how extroverted they are. That being said, I think anyone would feel a bit cooped up after years of a mind-only dynamic. From what I've seen, most tulpas are somewhat involved in their host's lives nowadays, so I think its not as big of an issue as it used to be. Mordecai's pretty introverted, been around for a while, and he's just now getting to where he would actually be interested in switching.

And thank you for the sweet words. I'm sure you two will be closer than we are in no time. Mordecai and I still make fun of each other a lot. 😂

On 4/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, TurboSimmie said:

Oh gosh, we can relate to you guys. So often we think about doing something in-wonderland, but it's almost always just sitting on the couch and talking to each other. It can be hard to keep up the excitement and novelty. 

I still think it's valuable to try and do at least once in a while, to let Mordecai move around and interact in a space that responds to him. That may help him feel less like a bystander! And in our experience, talking about or writing about your wonderland increases the desire to spend time there.

I also like to imagine inviting other tulpa friends of mine to hang out at our house with us! 😁 That's really a me-thing and I don't expect most people here to be that extraverted, but making our house more of a social place at times has helped us.

It's so weird, I used to spend so much time with him in the wonderland but now I can barely remember what we did. I feel like a lot of the intrigue for me was actually feeling so zoned out and like I was somewhere else. Despite that, I also feel nostalgic for it. 

Yeah, we're trying to do it more often now. I'm hoping I can regain some of the "skill" I had before, but its difficult. It's a lot of sitting down, accidentally thinking about things that stress me out, having Mordecai nudge me to stay on task, then repeating until we both get annoyed or bored and fall asleep. 

Also, that's adorable and cool. It sounds really fun; we may try something similar!

On 4/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, TurboSimmie said:

And yeah, after the first year or two the amount of strictly tulpamancy-related advancements anyone has tends to decrease greatly. But that okay! Sometimes stability and consistency are things to be enjoyed! I like that even though Phil is no longer "obsessed" with me, I'm such a part of his life now that I don't need his "obsession" in order to get the attention I need from him. I think the two of you are in the same place yourselves if I am not mistaken!

And Mordecai has been around seven years if my math is correct! That's approximately three times longer than I've existed, and I find that extremely impressive! 😁

We're definitely stable, no worries there, but I also feel like if we work on something together, its easier for him to stay present. I kind of dislike the feeling of going through the motions, our interactions being limited to four or five short conversations through the day. I don't expect every moment of the day to be us chatting in our own little world or anything, but I think we should be doing something every now and again that isn't the tulpamancy equivalent of watercooler chat... I dunno. Our PR's sound really dramatic sometimes.

And yes! He's approaching seven and a half. It's crazy how much its flown by.

Thank you both for commenting!

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic