Renfer112

what does it feel like when a tulpa talks?

So I think Rachel just talked to me. I'm 95% sure. What is it supposed to feel like? For me it felt like she switched on an intercom, started to talk, then shut it back off.

(What she said was: "someone's gonna go-" and then nothing. At least, that's what I think she said) I'd just got done telling her that I wanted to be alone, and then I apologised for sounding like a jerk. What's it supposed to feel like, though? The "alien feeling" was defiantly there.

It can vary, but yeah, what you got is pretty textbook.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

There is no 'supposed to'. People's experiences vary hugely, and their first words are very different. Still, as Q2 said, it's looking pretty good. If you're sure and you have yourself an alien feeling then it seems things are shaping up nicely for you.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

There is no 'supposed to'.

A million times this.

To me, the first time I heard Kamran talk, I was half asleep, so it felt like someone mentally slapped me awake. Let's just say, you will definitely be able to tell what it feels like when she talks.

When mine talked early on they gave a "pulling" feeling in the back of my skull to differentiate. Now I can clearly tell the difference between me and them without it, but early on it was a huge help.

The original edgelord gone soft.

I have a guide, check it out here if you want:

https://pastebin.com/FEJsxNVQ

Guest Anonymous

It feels so fuckin' good gurl.

It's a great feeling to hear your tulpa say their first words, or be able to understand your tulpa's first idea... like take it from the perspective of a mother or a father who hears their child say their first words.

At least that's how I feel over it.

On a more literal sense, it can really vary, but from a physical sense, it didn't really... like... I dunno, it was just a voice.

Though when it boils down to everyone as a whole, it really varies.

Did you ever notice how bird wings and bat wings look similar, although the animals, they belong to, have taken very different evolutionary paths, to end up with them?

It might be the same with the mechanism behind tulpa talking. So far, three possible sources come to mind, that differ widely in how they work internally, and typically need a different amount of forcing time before they set in, and success can differ widely, depending on the person trying to achieve it. This would explain, why personal experiences differ so widely on this subject.

a) "Thought speak": The way I am taking with Star Chaser. It works by attributing thoughts, that fit with the persona of the tulpa, to the tulpa and adding details over a number of forcing sessions, that better identify who is talking, like a changed voice or dialect. It starts out as talking to yourself, but by being consistent in sorting, who thought what, it becomes more of a true conversation in time, albeit still clearly in your head. In my experience, this works very quickly, but it might be more difficult, if you can't spontaneously generate any matching thoughts (a bit of parroting might help to start things off then, though), or if you are picky, which thoughts you want to attribute to the tulpa. I wouldn't expect any alien feelings, mumblings or sentence fragments out of nowhere with this approach.

b) "Neural speak": Some people have a natural tendency to hear accustic hallucinations including voices, especially if they are exhausted or inebriated. Forcing for long periods of time or when tired might cause enough fatigue for these hallucinations to appear, which might then be attributed to the tulpa. From some recollections of personal experiences of users of this board, it seems that some people, who probably have used this method, ended up with tulpas, who talk a lot more and "in character", than would be expected for random hallucinations, so this might be trainable. This approach might take very long, if you are not attuned to such hallucinations. The upside might be, that you could end up with true imposition, which feels just as real as when talking to a real person. Since mental states that benefit hallucinations are often a bit out of the ordinary, neural speak might sometimes be paired with alien feelings and generally other strange mental phenomena. I don't think I would recommend it, but you might attain this kind of speak quicker, if you put yourself in a state of mental fatigue, before you start forcing, like through sleep deprivation, heavy mental work before you start, or fasting. Just be sure not to overdo it, so you won't hurt yourself (I'd call that practice "Strained forcing").

c) "Memory speak": This is pretty much hypothetical, but I think, that there is a third way a tulpa may talk, that might mostly appear, when you have experienced one of the other two types of speak. When you remember a conversation, you will often also remember details of how things were said by your partner - the voice, tone, pitch, dialect, etc. Equivalent memory structures will probably develop for your tulpa, too, so after a while, your tulpa might speak as if you remembered talking with someone - more "realistic" than "thought speak", but not quite "neural speak".

How do these types fit in with your personal experiences?

Tulpas:

[CyanStar]: Alicorn, Birthday: 2013-05-31

{Munin}: Panther