Visualization - Am I doing it right?

FlufflePuff

I've been looking around, but no post answers exactly what I want to know. I'm trying to visualize my tulpa, but when I do, I feel like it is just me imagining her in x situation, as if it wasn't actually forcing, where people say they journey through their wonderland and stuff. My wonderland isn't even technically a wonderland because it always changes. Am I doing it wrong? :O

[align=center]TULPAE:

Collie: Stage - Vocalization [/align]

Visualizing is just visualizing your tulpa. You can't really do it wrong.

Also, just because it changes a lot, doesn't mean it's not your wonderland.

A wonderland isn't a specific place, but a concept. As long as you recognize the fact that it's your wonderland, it is.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Visualizing is just visualizing your tulpa. You can't really do it wrong.

Also, just because it changes a lot, doesn't mean it's not your wonderland.

A wonderland isn't a specific place, but a concept. As long as you recognize the fact that it's your wonderland, it is.

Well, that kinda opens my eyes. I have one more question for you. I have intrusive thoughts while visualizing of my tulpa being harmed in various ways. The thoughts frighten me but I can't control them. I have no intent of ever harming my tulpa, will these thoughts negatively affect us?

[align=center]TULPAE:

My wonderland is constantly shifting, on the periphery that is. That is purposeful--the idea was to have a bit of a sketchy atmosphere to make my mind more comfortable with imagining it; it seems to have worked.

As for the actual Tulpa in the wonderland; I often imagine her behind me first as I walk through it in the intro stages. Then, as time passes, she walks to my side, then in front--with this, she's slowly integrated into the pseudo-alien environment with me. A bit vague I know, not sure how else to explain it.

As for the intrusive thoughts; personally I have really chaotic and messy thought streams, so this at all was very difficult at first. HOWEVER, if you keep at it and keep practicing and focusing, it should go away. It did for me anyway; practice makes perfect, and this is just focus control--it's stronger with time.

Persephone

Form--Human female (victorian era)

Imposing

If all you're doing is that, you might want to sit down with her sometimes and examine her form in as much detail as you can. This will help make her feel more real to you and make imposition more possible later on.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Well, that kinda opens my eyes. I have one more question for you. I have intrusive thoughts while visualizing of my tulpa being harmed in various ways. The thoughts frighten me but I can't control them. I have no intent of ever harming my tulpa, will these thoughts negatively affect us?

I used to have that happen fairly often.

Just explain to the tulpa what's going on, and that you don't mean to think/see those things. It won't harm them physically, the only possibility would have been for it to harm them emotionally, but if you explain that, they will understand.

Also, for me, intrusive thoughts such as that seemed not to happen as much, the more I visualized. After a few months, they almost didn't happen at all.

It might not work the same with you, but have faith.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I used to have that happen fairly often.

Just explain to the tulpa what's going on, and that you don't mean to think/see those things. It won't harm them physically, the only possibility would have been for it to harm them emotionally, but if you explain that, they will understand.

Also, for me, intrusive thoughts such as that seemed not to happen as much, the more I visualized. After a few months, they almost didn't happen at all.

It might not work the same with you, but have faith.

I always do my best to comfort her, I apologize when it happens, and yeah, I guess it's happening less and less. Thanks :3

[align=center]TULPAE: