Stimulus denial.

Amadeus

I think it would be easier with a tulpa's help. Tulpae appear to be able to block out pain and the like; as long as you've seen/heard it before, the tulpa may be able to soften the blow by focusing on the memory of the experience.

You may be correct, though, in which case it may be an unpleasant learning experience at first. I would still judge it worthwhile for certain undesirable factors.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

It's obviously possible to some extent. Irish reported that if a tulpa or forced&imposed object blocks your vision, you can't see. The sensory data does reach your brain and can still be processed by the tulpa.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 2 months later...

SO. It's been ages since I was in this thread, but... updates.

Juno is sentient now, and she keeps reminding me that she's in my senses. One way is the stimulus denial.

A couple weeks ago I was working in camp support for a number of fires in Oregon and California, and couldn't stand port-a-potty smell. It was awful and everywhere. Juno, thankfully, made an effort to "turn it off."

And it worked.

Olfactory, so far, is the easiest sense to manipulate. Juno has shown progress in singling out individual scents and either lessening them, blocking them out entirely, or increasing my ability to smell them (provided I noticed them to begin with.) The same can also be done for the entire sense of smell.

Auditory blocks are more difficult, but we're working on them. So far Juno can lessen or deaden noises, but it's difficult (though getting easier.) Ambient noise is the easiest, such as machine noise like an air conditioner or a computer whine. The louder or more complex it gets, the more difficult it is to suppress. Voices are the most difficult due to the amount of variation in tone, pitch and volume.

At time of writing we haven't experimented with increasing sensitivity to sound, particularly because that would suck for me since I'm constantly surrounded by loud, annoying pricks.

That's the progress I've made.

We don't get much in life. But we do have this.

I have noticed a similar skill with Jaden, though not quite as controled. When he chooses to 'listen in' or use my senses, they seem to have a greater sense of depth of clarity and volume. Mostly my sense of hearing seems 'better'. Or something. Doubled in some way.

It is nice because I can tell he is curious about what I'm doing. I bet if I asked he could increase or decrease my awareness of the sense