Tulpa-Induced Highs?

Spartanelete

Is this phenomenon possible? Can it be explained?

This is what happened:

*I had not taken any drugs prior to that night.

Copy/pasted from the tulpa forum I originally posted it in.

I don't even know what Alice did! But I was just tripping so hard! I wasn't hallucination or anything, but it was like I was forced to be in both reality and the wonderland at the same time, but I was only seeing a white wall in the wonderland but at the same time I was seeing reality It was like I was receiving clear images from both at the same time! It was so trippy! I could even visualize better!

I was so light-headed though. And it felt like my head was hallow and so light and awkward. This was all after Alice got depressed and ran off to the wonderland.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I know Maia (accidentally) gave me some sort of high when I asked her to boost my concentration once, so it sounds plausible to me.

It'd make sense, yeah. I mean, a lot of people seem to say that Tulpas can reduce physical pain, so altering any other function or aspect of your brain/neurological system makes perfect sense. After all, you can hand over all control of your body to them during switching or possession, and how can they do that if they're not able to have some sort of grasp over your neurons and brain? Since highs are normally caused by substances affecting the function of the brain to a particularly noticeable level, a Tulpa affecting the brain to that extent isn't too surprising.

Guest Flandre

Ehh I don't know, I wouldn't really know how to induce a high for my host. I don't know about neurons and brain stuff, and I'm not sure about other tulpas understanding something they can't see. For most things (note, most things) I'd say "If we can do it, you can do it", but I can't look into the heads of other people so I'm not sure about that ^^ Anyway, it doesn't really make sense to me. How would you go about doing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Any kind of 'high' you might be experiencing is probably nothing more than a placebo unless you actually took some kind of drug.

Lots of drugs are produced naturally by the brain. You've got adrenaline, anandamide, DMT, oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin. That's just off the top of my head. And you can get seriously high off that stuff.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

You could be right. But even without it, there's plenty of chemicals in the brain that can get you high.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"