Am I Going About This the Right Way?

Guest Riy

I'm quite new to all of this, too; but to be honest I think that either way you choose to go, the results will be fine.

For instance, I almost never active-force; the one time I tried to "shape" my tulpa into something I felt would be easy to visualize, he decided to change it himself, AND he stuck to it.

I guess there's a lot of room for autonomy in either case. :)

-R.

"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths" -Joseph Campbell

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Riy

I'm quite new to all of this, too; but to be honest I think that either way you choose to go, the results will be fine.

For instance, I almost never active-force; the one time I tried to "shape" my tulpa into something I felt would be easy to visualize, he decided to change it himself, AND he stuck to it.

I guess there's a lot of room for autonomy in either case. :)

-R.

I imagine trying to force a shape is much like trying to bite your own teeth, it would only be possible if you really, REALLY want to.

From an objective standpoint we're talking about a 'thoughtful' representation of your subconscious.

Does this mean it's safe to assume that it will push or pull itself towards what it wants to be, regardless of the actions I take? Not that I think that's a bad thing, but it is something in the back of my mind often.

Cheers!

Does this mean it's safe to assume that it will push or pull itself towards what it wants to be, regardless of the actions I take?

I think it's safe to assume that, yes. As long as we leave their choices prevail, I wouldn't worry about influencing a tulpa to become something it doesn't mean to in the first place.

Again, this are just my thoughts. ;)

Cheers!

-R.

"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths" -Joseph Campbell

My girlfriend created a tulpa in much the same way. Only instead of finding a sprout, she planted a seed. She visualized herself watering it, talking to it and spending time with it as she gave light direction as far a personality goes. Eventually it sprouted and turned into a beautiful willow tree.

She had the much of the same concern when it came to communication and imposition. Was she going to end up with a talking tree? Would she have to imagine a giant willow tree following her around everywhere when she wanted to impose?

Her mind actually solved it for her. One day, she realized there was a person with her in wonderland. This person happened to be an old role play character of her's, but had much of the same aspects that she had giving her tree.

After spending some time with, Evelyn (the character), and her tree, she came to realize that she hadn't accidentally made a second tulpa, but that Evelyn was connect to the tree. Evelyn was the tree. Just in a more manageable physical form. Evelyn thinks all the same thoughts as the tree does, feels the same feelings, see and perceives everything the same way they tree would. She just happens to be the "go everywhere" aspect of my girlfriend's tulpa tree.

I don't know if this will be helpful or constructive in anyway, I just found it incredibly interesting that Bree isn't the only one on this site that has a plant anymore, lol.

Guest Riy

My girlfriend created a tulpa in much the same way. Only instead of finding a sprout, she planted a seed. She visualized herself watering it, talking to it and spending time

I don't know if this will be helpful or constructive in anyway, I just found it incredibly interesting that Bree isn't the only one on this site that has a plant anymore, lol.

I'm sure the concerns I have are unfounded and will solve themselves in time. I think that's fascinating that it ended up having a kind of secondary projection as a way to "get around it".

I'm assuming plant type tulpas are a rare breed? Is that a safe statement to say?

I know of Bree's, because she wanted a plant, and then of one other member that just kind of found a potted plant in his head one day, but she eventually because a person. Bree is the only one that I know of that has tulpa with two separate forms but one mind. Lots of shape shifting tuppers out there, yeah, but not many tups that can quite literally stand besides themselves, lol.

Anyway, I hope your issue can resolve itself. And good luck with your journey.

Guest Riy

I know of Bree's, because she wanted a plant, and then of one other member that just kind of found a potted plant in his head one day, but she eventually because a person. Bree is the only one that I know of that has tulpa with two separate forms but one mind. Lots of shape shifting tuppers out there, yeah, but not many tups that can quite literally stand besides themselves, lol.

Anyway, I hope your issue can resolve itself. And good luck with your journey.

Thanks for the nod towards the other instances, things have evolved a bit more in my past sessions and I'm eager to see what happens. I'm taking a passive wait and see approach

That's always good. I never had the plant issue myself, but I was quite surprised when Bud finally took form. I let him choose everything himself and I think he appreciated that very much. If you had the power to change yourself into what ever or who ever you felt was your true self, wouldn't you?

Guest Riy

That's always good. I never had the plant issue myself, but I was quite surprised when Bud finally took form. I let him choose everything himself and I think he appreciated that very much. If you had the power to change yourself into what ever or who ever you felt was your true self, wouldn't you?

That brings up a good point. I mean we're talking about a lot of symbolism and allegory. It's been mentioned before that plants are stationary but also rooted and stationary.

This could mean a lot of things, but I am eager to see how it evolves. It's growing at a fast rate and it's the only thing occupying my thought place. It's also responding to me just being near it rather than actually touching it, vines are growing, etc.

My concern right now though is it's appearance. It's growing, but the trunk and leaves have scorch marks on it. I'm guessing this is from the fire I discovered it in but for it to be scarred like that leaves me a bit concerned

I wouldn't be concerned. I mean it's probably a form of symbolism your mind has come up with. Do you feel scarred or burned in anyway? This could be a symbolic way to show that because our tulpas really are parts of ourselves. They are a separate and eventually sentient mind with in our own, but we can't deny the fact that they are still parts of us.