Purlox

RE: [split] New Community Layout Discussion - From #2856

I think we should add section for mind related, but not tulpa related stuff like Lucid dreaming, Roman room etc. Where to put it? I'm not sure, but off topic section seems to serve very well.

Also it might be a good idea to split General Discussion a bit, so that you don't have to go to there for everything. I'm not sure what to split it to yet, but I will update this post or respond later with ideas.

Note: Split from Coming Changes to Tulpa.info; figured we can get more discussion going in its own topic ~Pleeb

I did byte more changes to the layout of the forum and here are the current results. It's still open to changes and suggestions so post your comments below or inside it.

I was thinking about further splitting the General discussion, so it isn't flooded when we have a lot of members, but couldn't think of many ways to split it. Do you have any ideas?

EDIT: Added General Spirituality.

I have to admit, that I like proposed layout very much, so everything I do not comment on is ok from my side.

First of all, regarding further splitting general discussion; What I noticed is that many ask questions "just out of curiosity" there, like What does your tulpa smell like? or Has your tulpa changed after you made another one? etc.

If that kind of stuff would get a designated section (other than Q&A), it would take away quite a bit of traffic from GD.

I am furthermore not entirely sure if Experiments would warrant much content by itself, so maybe creating a kind of "Tulpa Babble" section might be feasible, where such questions, personal, more casual talk and those experiments for the funnies go. Might also take away a bit from off-topic's tulpa-related traffic (stuff like "How has your tulpa been molested by others unintentionally?" would rather belong in the new section).

Then should the link to the progress report section be a bit further down in my eyes, as a place of everyone's personal space and subjective rambling does it seem a bit too much in the center of attention (stuff like "Fede's Major Fucking Shithole of Death" does not have to be in every newb's face. No offense Fede). Switching Articles and Progress Reports would probably suffice already.

Mentoring sounds like a good idea, if wonder if that would be tied into a possible overarching system indicating a certain level of credibility/establishment/knowledge.

I am pretty content with the research section, it generally speaking might need a few guidelines/axioms etc. to make it more productive, but I digress from the matter at hand.

The general scientific talk section /would/ rather belong to off-topic if the whole board does not splinter (then it would get a more elaborate off-topic section, anyways).

Then I would suggest making metaphysics a general philosophy section, maybe with a metaphysics and general philosophy subsection, that might still need some further polishing.

Is Absurdity still going to be hidden, or are people just warned?

That's it for now.

"Sorry for that, my communication implants are idiologically biased."

First of all, regarding further splitting general discussion; What I noticed is that many ask questions "just out of curiosity" there, like What does your tulpa smell like? or Has your tulpa changed after you made another one? etc.

If that kind of stuff would get a designated section (other than Q&A), it would take away quite a bit of traffic from GD.

I am furthermore not entirely sure if Experiments would warrant much content by itself, so maybe creating a kind of "Tulpa Babble" section might be feasible, where such questions, personal, more casual talk and those experiments for the funnies go. Might also take away a bit from off-topic's tulpa-related traffic (stuff like "How has your tulpa been molested by others unintentionally?" would rather belong in the new section).

Created a "Tulpa Babble" (hopefully someone can come up with a better name) section for this.

Then should the link to the progress report section be a bit further down in my eyes, as a place of everyone's personal space and subjective rambling does it seem a bit too much in the center of attention (stuff like "Fede's Major Fucking Shithole of Death" does not have to be in every newb's face. No offense Fede). Switching Articles and Progress Reports would probably suffice already.

I changed the order in the Tulpa section a bit to make it better.

Mentoring sounds like a good idea, if wonder if that would be tied into a possible overarching system indicating a certain level of credibility/establishment/knowledge.

Could be done.

Then I would suggest making metaphysics a general philosophy section, maybe with a metaphysics and general philosophy subsection, that might still need some further polishing.

I agree and I changed it.

Is Absurdity still going to be hidden, or are people just warned?

It should still be hidden.

As someone who subscribes to the parapsychological belief, please split metaphysics and parapsychology. There's a big difference between psionics and magic. People actually test psionics, and it might be interesting to see the tests that we could conduct involving tulpa's, especially without wiccans trying to claim our work is done because the earth mother smiled at us.

Let's focus on the matter at hand, shall we?

Psionics is the manipulation of psychic energy - that is, associated with the human nervous system - to achieve whatever it is, be it levitation or precognition and so on. It's essentially the same as magic; on inquiring about the theory behind it, I was directed to a book on hermetic magic. Metaphysics, on the other hand, is thrown around a lot, and when people say 'metaphysical' what they tend to mean is 'supernatural'. Metaphysics is the study of what makes matter matter; supernatural means magic and psychic beings and so on. Perhaps I am wrong about that, though.

EDIT: Because I forgot what thread this was.

Purlox, I like the redesign a lot.

Except for the Mentor section. What would that entail, in a more detailed description?

Well, there are many ways to do it, but my idea is that people would ask for a mentor that would guide them through the process of creation and helping them with doubt, what to work on, how to work on something, concentration etc.

Metaphysics is the study of what makes matter matter

I'm not sure if you really mean what metaphysics is in the way it could be interpreted as correct, so just to make sure, I'll include quote from Wikipedia explaining what metaphysics is: "Metaphysics is a traditional branch of philosophy concerned with explaining the fundamental nature of being and the world".

As someone who subscribes to the parapsychological belief, please split metaphysics and parapsychology. There's a big difference between psionics and magic. People actually test psionics, and it might be interesting to see the tests that we could conduct involving tulpa's, especially without wiccans trying to claim our work is done because the earth mother smiled at us.

You should read it again as I have split those already.

Also, do you realise that psionics is a type of magic and is categorised in the same category?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said, isn't it Purlox?

Anyway, the point is that the "Metaphysics/Parapsychology" board here would be, I think, misusing the term 'metaphysics' where 'supernatural' would probably be more apt. Am I right in saying this?