Help With Podcast Needed!

UnknownCraos

That's how pilot episodes work. But it was good. Needs some editing work. I'm not good with editing though.

This reminds me a lot of the SteamCast Podcast which has a good following. It's a Niche podcast but it gets some good people on. Most of the time it's the three guys just talking back and forth and nerding out about games with people added.

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just wanted to say sounds pretty cool so far. I'm not sure if you guys already do, but I'd say you could use some talking points for each episode. It kinda sounds like you just pick a starting point and then kinda just talk on that and let it go from there, which isn't too bad but it means things kinda start to devolve as time goes on. Perhaps if you dedicated so much time to each topic, and covered maybe 3 or 4 topics an episode, it would help to keep things flowing and feel a bit more structured.

But cool to see someone doing this!

Progress Report

We as host just have to show gratitude in the smaller things with our tulpa(e).

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, and thanks for posting the link, you beat me to it XD

As for the whole topics/points thing, we would be very appreciative if you have any questions for us to answer on the show to post them as comments on the podcast, and the same goes for when we eventually put it up onto Youtube. We'll try and answer as many as we can without going over the time limit, and if there is a particular topic you would like to suggest, feel free to do so.

(Also yes, Night Vale is a beast of a podcast)

Tulpas: [Destiny], {Faith}, |Isaac|

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PalmersViews

DA: http://craos32.deviantart.com/

Tumblr: http://craostulpa.tumblr.com/

Okay, here's my feedback after a little bit of listening. I'm about halfway through the first, and here's what I'm noticing;

First, editing would help. It is pretty cool to hear the topic, and I feel like it's a matter of perspective for me, but the back and forth would be a lot better if we could draft out a set speech ahead of time and deviate a bit. I feel like it's really friendly, but it takes a minute to get to the issue at hand and then it's a roundabout talk about it while it took me a minute to make the connections.

Secondly, a bit of background music would help to split up the topics and refresh the brain, while adding a bit of tonal difference. It's like painting in a different color- just a way to make the topic look a little better as compared to the rest. The talking feels a bit empty, even when it gets to the laughing and the rapid fire.

Thirdliest, considering the lack of topics with tulpa, a good idea would be to have people explain their experiences. Talking about the logistics of making one only works well enough when there are examples for people to draw from. People like Nobilis and Kiahdaj are famous because of their level of experience, so they would definitely have something spectacular in their past that they could talk about. Everyone has a different tulpa, and everyone has their own way of doing things, so the way to do it would be a surefire way to make things more interesting. I know quite a few interesting people that definitely have something right that we were doing wrong, as well as something wrong that we're doing right.

Some ancillory thoughts after having listened to the whole 2 episodes.

1. I agree that editing would be nice. Also, try to have a moment to say disclaimers and things like that outright, laugh it out the first few times (they can be edited out later) and then say it. I've listened to enough live podcasts (they stream through justin.tv and stuff) to know this happens. Derps happen, too, you can edit them out later. I just wish I knew more than audacity for splicing.

2. Also with the set thing. I think bringing someone on from the community to talk every so often is a great idea as you can make their expertise related to the topic of the week. Then break it down to questions and comments. (Or vice versa so the guest can also comment.) I think having a set gmail account for the podcast plus a thread here on .info would make it a lot easier to work with as far as community feedback/questions.

3. Stopping to let people speak. Talking over each other made it hard to hear and understand each other. Allow time for true introductions. Maybe have a set list of questions for people who don't know how to talk about themselves.

No, I got it. And then I remembered how I started to follow the footprints Fede left backwards, and the revelations of it were...extraordinary. I since haven't tried to think of anything he's done. It's like hating a scientist to the extent that you'd rather work it out painstakingly rather than follow their papers. It was less of a joke and more of a PTSD trigger for me.

I'm pretty sure Fes doesn't like him, either.

She said she doesn't.