TheShadowKnight134

story method made into manga about my tulpa.

So basically in a previous QA thread I was asking about my story method where I would essentially write a story involving my tulpa.

I was wondering if turning this story into a manga was a good idea? I've gotten the premise down and some basic characters. But would turning the story idea into a manga hinder my tulpa? I was going to use a mixture of reality and fiction in the story.I'm kinda also worried my tulpa might confuse this as a backstory or history for her. Should I be worried about that?

Yes, you should be worried about the tulpa thinking that it is a backstory for them. I feel like this could count as soulbonding more than it could count as tulpamancy, because it would lead to the character in that manga to 'come to life' which happened with tons of writers and people call that soulbonding. The manga might take a while so why not just write plainly? Why not just force normally? Do you want to end up with a soulbond or a tulpa?

http://www.soulbonding.org/app.php/page/about

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

I feel like this could count as soulbonding more than it could count as tulpamancy,

^ Yep. My thoughts exactly.

A manga is going to have a more visual element, sure, but it's still a form of storytelling--characters, worldbuilding, plot, and all. Pretty much everything I said in your other thread about using writing as forcing still applies to creating a manga as forcing.

Seriously, look up the link J. Iscariot posted. Creating a soulbond is fine, but it's not really what this forum is about. It might be better to take your questions there if this is the method you want to pursue.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

I agree with Temar and Iscariot. I would like to add thought that soulbonds are beautiful! If you do decide to continue with a soulbond approach and look into soulbonding.org you are free to post in a PR and write on this forum as well, of course! Soulbonds are very close cousins to tulpas are are virtually indistinguishable in many ways. Their origins, creation methodology and some traits are different, but they are really neat!

I would put in your PR explicitly that you are working on a soulbond and not a tulpa specifically.

Guest Anonymous

OH very interesting! So a soulbond/tulpa created by writing a story about creating a soulbond/tulpa! I do believe that is a first! I have never seen anything like it! Very cool.

That sounds kind of awesome, if done right.:O

I don't agree that this makes your tulpa automatically into a soulbound. A tulpa should still be able to roleplay, and to not take a backstory so seriously.

Guest Anonymous

I don't agree that this makes your tulpa automatically into a soulbound. A tulpa should still be able to roleplay, and to not take a backstory so seriously.

Good pointy point!

I am using a mixture of reality (mostly about me as the other main character) but the rest will be mostly fictitious.

I mean I would say it would be more Role Play then backstorying. The tulpa in the manga will develop as my tulpa does too so imma kinda use it as a progress tracker lol

Also there was a question Why I chose manga instead of regular story. I'm an artist. An art major. Not a writer lol so I'm hoping my art may help in crafting the story then my shoddy writing.

I've been doing something similar, writing a series of stories featuring my tulpa and myself in a variety of situations because I find it easier to plan out the kind of personality I'd like for to have that way. I can't say whether or not it works, because I haven't made much progress yet, but it's fun, so it motivates me to actually force more.

I want to be ignored

Don't want a speaking part

I don't want any one to notice

The blood spilling out of my exploding heart