Is God a Tulpa? An Interview with Stanford Professor T.M. Luhrmann

Guest fordaplot

At point blank, it seems the idea of Tulpas contradict a religion. Same as evolution or the big-bang.

The Christian theory of creationism was created as a movement in the 19 or 18 hundreds (been a few years since I've looked into this) by a guy who prided himself on never getting "University-itis." Needless to say, I wouldn't trust the authority of a guy who's scared of books. Christianity does not conflict with evolution or the big bang and in fact it could easily be argued that they coincide, such as how the first day of creation, light was created and it wasn't until later that night and day were separated. Was the light on the first day the big bang? Perhaps. The bible also says the glory of God is revealed through his creation. Which, if God did create this world, which we know evolution plays a factor in, then according to the bible, evolution is a to show how awesome God is for coming up with such a thing. They don't contradict with religion if you're educated in Christianity. Which, if we take that a step further, Tulpas are a part of the human animal, and clearly since God created us, then by extension we should praise God for making tulpas.

Also, fuck, this is what happens when someone mentions a pet peeve of mine. I didn't even talk about the original perceptions of the creation stories in the Catholic church.

The first part of what you said would better belong in it's own thread, which I encourage you to make. I'd just say prepare for a flame war...? Maybe, the number of religious people on this forum is pathetically low to my experience.

The System:

It's too big.

ha, that's what she said.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic