[split] Consciousness, et cetera.

Lunanite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

To further perpetuate the derailment, if you don't believe tulpa are controlled by the subconscious, what do you believe? That you bind your energy aura with an astral ghost's energy aura? I'm not agreeing with anyone, but I don't quite understand how a tulpa could be anything but a simple embodiment of your subconscious mind that you define with a set personality and form. Enlighten me.

To further perpetuate the derailment, if you don't believe tulpa are controlled by the subconscious, what do you believe? That you bind your energy aura with an astral ghost's energy aura? I'm not agreeing with anyone, but I don't quite understand how a tulpa could be anything but a simple embodiment of your subconscious mind that you define with a set personality and form. Enlighten me.

They develop their own consciousness aside yours, clearly. Our brains are mostly unused, so a tulpa has plenty of room to move in, you only use like 8% of your brain I heard. It's not like our brain DOESN'T have tons of free space that can be dedicated to any sort of non-essential task, such as housing an entire second personality within it. I mean, think about it: why wouldn't we evolve with giant useless realms of cerebra?

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

I like the new topic, though.

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm not agreeing with anyone, but I don't quite understand how a tulpa could be anything but a simple embodiment of your subconscious mind that you define with a set personality and form.
We agree.

I think the entire problem of this thread is that everyone automatically assumes that THEY have consciousness and free will.

This is a Science-based community right?

How about you bring up the existence of consciousness or free-will on /sci/ and see how much hate you will get for shit-posting.

If we assume that we have free will and consciousness, then tulpa have just as much free will and consciousness (which is coincidentally located in the subconscious part of our brain) as us from a subjective standpoint.

But keep in mind, as soon as you approach a more and more objective view on the human brain and our existence, you will find that the terms free-will and consciousness have little to no significance.

The problem is is that the subconscious is unaware of itself. For someone to say that a tulpa is subconsciously controlled means that a tulpa is just a... puppet that acts self-aware, acts as if it has free-will, acts conscious, but simply isn't. If you asked it "Do you think?" -- it would answer "yes" but it would be 'wrong' somehow.

The 'normal' conscious mind arises out of the same subconscious soup under many of the same conditions that a tulpa arises from. To then claim that tulpae truly aren't conscious and don't deserve ethical consideration, all whilst holding our own consciousness on a pedastal -- while citing Freud of all things -- is dangerous, unethical, and fucking retarded.

Also, not directing that angry rant at you. There's only a select few running around claiming these things.

Good point by WhiiteRussian, also. I'm only trying to get tulpae to be considered on our level. What that says about consciousness and free-will in general? Not very much.