Will making a Tulpa compromise my fantasy world?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had invented a character in my sketchbook a few years before I found out about tulpae and decided to impose it as a tulpa. The process is going a lot quicker for me because I'm able to imagine the form easily I think. The same might happen to you, but I'm not so sure if it would replace anything in your fantasy world. I've never had/made such a thing.

well, you could choose one of your pre-concieved characters and turn them into a tulpa. you'd probably be giving yourself a head start this way

and no, creating a tulpa won't make your wonderland/fantasy world disappear. rather, you could create the tulpa in the wonderland

Name: Lyra

Form: http://i.imgur.com/JjMxK.jpg

Sentience: Emotional responses, occasional brief vocalization

Currently doing: Personality & narration

I'm kind of relieved I can keep my wonderland/fantasy whatever. At first I thought I might have to neglect it to make a Tulpa, but making a Tulpa within it might work well. However, I don't think any of my current characters would work well as a Tulpa. Their personalities are not quite right..

I'm also kind of glad to see other people here who have created similar things like this before a Tulpa too!

What makes you say their personalities wouldn't function as a tulpa?

Since most of them have been around for years their personalities are quite set in my mind. I realize a Tulpa would deviate, but almost none of them are good starting points for me. They don't have what I'm looking for. (Like, many of them are too harsh/cold/rude. Basically undesirable traits). A few of them are also based on pre-existing characters and I feel that making an original character would be better. I'm also a bit worried that they might turn into more of a servitor since I've always controlled their actions, and put whatever words in their mouths I like.

Though I have noticed already that when I try to even think of more desirable personality traits for my Tulpa, I begin to drift into daydreaming about my fantasy again and interacting with those characters. It seems like it would be a lot easier to just alter one for to create a Tulpa. It's just not exactly what I would prefer to do though.

Wow. What you just said was extremely well-thought-out. Recognizing stuff about characters, and bad traits, and the difference between what happens when you thing and what you want... just wow.

Anyway, I say do whatever your heart tells you to do. But seriously, you present good points for both sides.

If you go for one of your preexisting characters, you have to be okay with deviation, even encouraging it. Especially because of what you said about them being mean. Your "subconscious ideal" will most likely show through.

If you go for an original character*, you have to be conscious of the fact that you will continue to drift back in thought to the other servitors and consciously push those thoughts away to focus on the original tulpa.

Go with whatever feels the more natural. Despite the name of tulpaforcing, you don't want to feel like you're forcing anything to happen against the will of you, your subconscious, or your tulpa.

*side note: I hate the term "original character" for a tulpa not from an existing character. We need to come up with a better way of saying it.

[Note: Opinions]