are tulpas golems?

Apollo Fire

Tulpas are not golems because tulpas are made from the i m a g i n a t i o n, not magic rocks

As a more serious side note, I believe there was an article written about golems and tulpas, but I don't remember what the paper was.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Sure, I'll accept that God can make golems -- and the clay for them too. Doesn't mean anyone else can/has/does.

Do you mean this article, Ranger? To a first degree approximation, it maintains the X-Files' golem was actually a doppelganger, while X-Files' first tulpa was actually a golem:

https://artifactsjournal.missouri.edu/2015/01/oy-vey-the-jewish-golem-and-the-x-files/

Or do you mean this more scholarly post, suggesting that tulpas and golems are different cultures' names for the same concept?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missionquestfpb/the-jewish-golem-tibetan-tulpa-t3549.html

I thought this thread came completely out of left field yesterday, but golems and tulpas are actually mentioned together fairly often.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Or do you mean this more scholarly post, suggesting that tulpas and golems are different cultures' names for the same concept?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missionquestfpb/the-jewish-golem-tibetan-tulpa-t3549.html

I thought this thread came completely out of left field yesterday, but golems and tulpas are actually mentioned together fairly often.

I think it was the second one, I remember reading the part where the tupa-golem kills their master. I thought there was a supernatural episode too, but maybe it was just x-files.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Tulpas explicitly appear in two episodes of X-Files. Up to five episodes of Supernatural deal with suspected tulpa-like manifestations, though only one of those is canonically a tulpa:

https://x-files.fandom.com/wiki/Tulpa

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/Tulpa

In fiction and mythology, if someone creates life by unnatural means, their creation almost always turns on them. It's a hubris warning, that man should not play God.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

In fiction and mythology, if someone creates life by unnatural means, their creation almost always turns on them. It's a hubris warning, that man should not play God.

But that doesn't preclude me from killing my host right? I mean if I'm a person or a golem, I can do what I want, or is there a tulpa/golem prime directive, such that if I intentionally try I'll paradoxically or ironically be killed myself. Hm. It's hard to test that theory.