What is Necroposting?

It really depends on the site. Maybe more than a month? From what I understand, on this forum it's preferred to bring back an old topic than creating a duplicate topic, but I don't want to speak for the mods/staff so don't take my word for it.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

(edited)

Necroposting, as defined bellow, is posting to a thread that's a year old:

FORUM-SPECIFIC RULES

Creating an exact duplicate of a previous thread or bumping a very old thread is allowed with certain stipulations.

3. Necroposting is allowed unless:

• there's an exact duplicate on the first 3 pages of the forum OR
  • an exact duplicate younger than 1 year old exists

Generally, it's usually safe to necro a thread, but I recommend checking to see if a new duplicate thread exists first.

12 minutes ago, September13 said:

From what I understand, on this forum it's preferred to bring back an old topic than creating a duplicate topic, but I don't want to speak for the mods/staff so don't take my word for it.

I think everyone has a varying opinion on thread necroing. I don't really care either way, I don't hesitate posting to old or new threads.

Subjectively, I think anything beyond 2016 is old, but I'm biased because I came to the forum in 2018. I have a hard time viewing a 2018 thread as old, but three years ago definitely isn't new anymore.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

(edited)

normally sites don't like necroposting and prefer you re-create the topic (or a similar one) again just because it's nicer that way, but on this forum specifically sometimes context matters, like, if a thread is a big "everyone give their input!" thread it's often better not to make a new one, but if the thread is literally nothing but people replying 7 years ago, it could be better to recreate it because that huge gap in time is going to make people less immersed in the thread, if that makes sense

this forum specifically practically never enforces the classic necroposting rule, but we still want you to give consideration to whether a thread should be brought back from years ago or remade to be started again fresh in current times

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 years later...
In light of growing concerns about content moderation and diverse viewpoints, would it be beneficial for the forum to embrace a separate thread dedicated to exploring controversial or taboo topics, allowing members to freely express their unfiltered thoughts while respecting community guidelines?

2 hours ago, Georgerorse said:

In light of growing concerns about content moderation and diverse viewpoints, would it be beneficial for the forum to embrace a separate thread dedicated to exploring controversial or taboo topics, allowing members to freely express their unfiltered thoughts while respecting community guidelines?

There aren't growing concerns about moderation lol, and the only thing that has any place being discussed that is not necessarily allowed by forum rules is explicit sexual discussion, which is kind of allowed when the thread is tagged as 18+ and posts are in spoiler tags, though still no imagery posted on-site (you can link to another site, blog, etc. again with 18+ warning)

Otherwise, you can make a thread for discussing whatever given topic, including one for "Unpopular opinions" or such - there is a thread or two like that already, but I didn't see it when looking at the last couple years of General Discussion threads so it's probably fine to remake if wanted

Or on the off chance if by taboo you just mean metaphysical/supernatural/etc., the Metaphysics board is where you can make threads about that stuff

Still nothing about self harm (or harming others) or so on though, that stuff won't be allowed on pretty much any forum

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

(edited)

Just for the sake of context, I was a mod when I made my previous post in this thread, but I am no longer one.

14 hours ago, Georgerorse said:

What does this have to do with necroposting? Are you referring to really, really old threads?

Anyways, I'm not a fan how casual the NSFW stuff has been lately. I was annoyed to come across a thread that was blatantly NSFW and I had to report it for it to receive action (I'm not super active anymore guys, come on). I never was a fan of allowing public NSFW content on a supposedly SFW forum, with this rule in the Community Guidelines:

• No posting of sexually explicit or gory material. Discussion of adult topics is fine as long as it's kept very SFW.

I feel like once you get to talking about fetishes, BDSM, and stuff like that, it's no longer SFW.

I remember when I was a mod asking about the NSFW policy. I won't share what was discussed given it's not public information, but I think I felt at least a little uncomfortable with the "newest" policy change at the time. Now, seeing the consequences, I am not happy with how it has unfolded.

Minors do actually read this forum guys.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

(edited)
4 hours ago, Ranger said:

Minors do actually read this forum guys

Rest assured we’re competent enough to steer clear of the properly marked NSFW threads when we see them

NSFW activity on here is sparse enough to stay in the background and the users that post in them generally do a good job of keeping it contained. I guess I am pretty chill with whatever’s on here, but more people would start complaining if it ever started rising to the surface :/

Just forum stuff being forum stuff. I don’t think it’d require any swift authority until it’s out of its designated environment imo

Edited by ringgggg

Step 1: Make

Step 2: Believe