What in the world is a Walk-in?

I was looking through old topics and what not and came across the phrase walk-in it made the topic a bit confusing for. I already checked the Forum for anything and also check the wiki and i got nothing plz help

It seems to be a tulpa that basically just waltzed in and made itself at home of its own volition without the host forcing. Kind of like intrusive thoughts only intrusive tulpas. I'm not familiar but that's kinda how it is as I understand it. Scary stuff potentially. 

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

(edited)

I want to link this thread because it discusses how the term "walk-in" is defined, even though that wasn't necessarily the topic of the thread. The term has metaphysical contexts and I think it's worth the read. It tends to be discussed alongside soulbonds and gateway systems.

Otherwise, a "walk-in" is just a tulpa-like entity that spontaneously shows up and appears vocal and sentient.

I use the term "walk-in" to mean an underdevelopment tulpa that was created on the spot. Once a tulpamancer has figured out how to create tulpas, it's not super uncommon for their brains to automate the creation process. As a result, a new "tulpa" can be created accidentally and the process is essentially spontaneous. Typically this entity has self-awareness, is instantly vocal, and expresses emotions. However, walk-ins have very little to go off of and no previous life experiences. If the walk-in claims they did have previous life experiences (usually for a metaphysical reason), then I would consider them a soulbond or a gateway member.

I remember when other people used to say "walk-ins" were tulpas that were already developed somehow, but I drifted away from that. There was a lot of backlash against this, and I think by the time I heard about walk-ins, the concept was labeled meta or vilified because it was a sign you were a lazy host who didn't force your tulpas. After sitting through discussions on if a tulpa is even considered sentient or not when they're first created, I decided to label a tulpa as a self-aware and sapient entity's that had a stable sense of self. Anything less developed I would call a "young tulpa", "baby tulpa", or a "walk-in" if it wasn't clear the host wanted to force the entity and create a tulpa.

Ultimately, how you define "walk-in" greatly depends on the context of what you believe a tulpa is. If you think seemingly sentient entities that spawn are not tulpas at all, you may never associate walk-ins with tulpas. If you believe your headmates are the actual souls of the characters from MLP, then my idea of what a walk-in is may come across as very narrow and limited. It's important to pay attention to who is using the term and having a basic understanding of the context of their system and their philosophy on what makes a tulpa a tulpa.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread