That Progress report that is going to change a bunch

Koji

This is a Log of Progress. Progress will be logged.

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm posting a list of all the base traits, likes, and dislikes.

Catlyn

Affectionate-

Caring

Cheerful

Thoughtful

Cooperative

Devoted

Adaptable

Reliable

Energetic

Strong beliefs

Energetic

Sees the whole picture

Creative

Likes/Dislikes

Music:

Classical

Alternative

Classical Rock

Ragtime

Moby

Dislikes:

Dubstep

Rap

Pop

Hip-hop

Again, not a clue.

Since I've already done personality, I'l just summarize the events up till now.

9+ hours

personality finished, with all above traits

narration started in wonderland

Wonderland is expanding

Occasional wave of emotion, source is indefinable, but powerful

Text walls incoming

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was mostly passive forcing. I had to go to a party/recital/music thing with my brother, which lasted a couple hours. Catelyn showed some emotion during the dramatic parts, making me think she likes music, or just dramatic stuff. When I wasn't narrating, we worked on visualization, which is coming along nicely. She is adapting a tallish(5'9) figure, with long wavy brown/red hair. The face itself isn't really coming into focus yet, but I guess that is expected. I still haven't added the wings, as I plan on doing them last. I plan on reading "I Am The Messenger" with her, and will probably start tonight. Might this be too strong of a book? It has a lot of violence and negative themes Narration will begin early tomorrow, before school. Presence is becoming slowly more present. I feel she might say something soon, not sure why. Might just be her sending emotions and the like, without actually speaking.

Total time: 4+ hours of passive work

Heads up: stop doing hour counts. It will cause you some struggles in the future. Keep up the forcing though. I think the book will be fine as long as you are fine. A tulpa would likely be more affected by something causing your mind to think darker sadder things. As long as she has you there to keep her strong and you can explain everything to her and keep her happy, she may still enjoy it. Jaden doesn't like conflict, but a good story has a good conflict, and he's aware of death and life and everything in between because I am. He's confident enough to not let it hurt him. If you fear it will cause her pain, save it for another time, and maybe just read a different book.

Hour counts tend to cause doubts more than they provide comfort.

Examples:

Timmy believes a tulpa will not reach sentience until at least 15 hours in. He feels something that feels like an emotional reaction, but he's only 5 hours in. Fearing puppeting, he ignores that feeling, thinking he's simply making his tulpa do that himself. He ignores that feeling every time, thinking he is struggling with puppeting. By the time he gets to 15 hours in he has achieved 'no progress' and still continues to ignore the feeling--afterall, it's the same feeling he felt while 'puppeting', so it couldn't be his tulpa.

John has been forcing for quite some time. He heard other people's tulpae were becoming vocal after only 20-30 hours of forcing. He's been forcing for 80 hours now and hasn't heard a peep from his tulpa. He continues to read other logs and worry about why his tulpa is so stunted. He puts too much negativity into it all and continues to see those numbers get higher and higher as he gets more and more depressed, causing more barriers between him and his tulpa. Soon he's reached 250 hours and still hasn't had a single bit of progress due to his depressed emotional state at seeing the hours go by. He starts to doubt if he even has a tulpa, if any of the emotional responses he's received were even real, or if any of this was possible in the first place.

--

Generally, an hour count should be fine. But it tends to cause people to worry more about the hours than the tulpa. Whether it's them worrying it's happening too fast or happening too slow. If you can manage to not be afraid of such things, it may be fine, but it is a danger and we've seen it harm many people.

http://chupitulpa.tumblr.com/post/29003607860 check out this tumblr post if you want. It shows someone with firsthand experiences.

If you can manage to ignore the paranoia, you'd be fine. Just don't let the hours control you.

Made some progress with reading the book today, as well as working on visualization. Catelyn seems to be reacting very well the plotline of "I am the Messenger", I often get an emotional pulse from her while reading it. Additionally, she seems to have connected with Ed, the main character, even though they have completely different personalities. On the topic of visualization, we've started visualizing in the wonderland, its going perfectly, face is still blurry, We'll work on that later tonight. Planning out some adventures, they probably will take place in the wonderland, but far away from the charted areas, for the purpose of expanding, and adventuring. I've made a massive mountain in the wonderland, the adventure is going to take place there, and the areas in between should "render" as we travel between the castle and mountain. The feeling of her becoming vocal is growing stronger, still can't tell if the source is from her, or from me.

Did some visualization in the wonderland early today, while using Tulpatone. I'm pretty sure we got a lot more work done than we would have without music, I will probably use it more in the future. Catelyn seems to be fully sentient! She reacts rather violently the prism, and moves a bit on her own. Additionally, she has deviated her hair from a long brown to a very short green. She actually is responding to questions, with either a negative emotion for no, or happiness for yes. We're going to finish visualization later today, and hopefully make her chambers in the castle. There may or may not be another post later today, depending on the amount of work we get done.

All of my what. Catelyn just changed the entire wonderland. While it used to be a desert (hence the name "Of Deserts and Snowmen, it had a snowy part too) It is now a cloudy, flat, moist land, with huge, shallow dips in the ground, with the occasional mountain. There are what seem to be apple trees (blue apples) scattered about, and not much else besides that. I have no idea why this change occurred, but I think it's because our desert lacked any form of vegetation, except for my room, which had a tree in it, that was used for a bed. The castle is still there, on one of the larger mountains, giving an impressive view, but it has changed, somehow. It looks exactly the same, but the structure seems different(?)