When does a servitor stop being a servitor and start being a tulpa?

glitchthe3rd

That's not my opinion, but what a servitor is by definition. Although it seems everyone here took the word and changed the definition, it doesn't change it's original meaning. I don't believe in any of the metaphysical explanation of both tulpas and servitors, but you still have to use the word properly.

Perhaps if this forum created it's own word for what you're thinking of, it'd be more accurate. But for anyone who studied tulpas before coming here, they will be very confused with all the incorrect definitions being tossed around.

servitor - One that performs the duties of a servant to another; an attendant.

What was that about original meanings, incorrect definitions and using a word properly?

IT BEGINS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

servitor - One that performs the duties of a servant to another; an attendant.

What was that about original meanings, incorrect definitions and using a word properly?

You must not understand linguistics very well. If you'd like to trace it back even further it is a term for an undergraduate student who would serve both his peers and professors in order to exempt from paying lecture fees.

You're missing the point entirely.

You must not understand linguistics very well. If you'd like to trace it back even further it is a term for an undergraduate student who would serve both his peers and professors in order to exempt from paying lecture fees.

You're missing the point entirely.

You're missing the point. The point is that this forum is predicated upon a non-metaphysical viewpoint of the world, which means that all metaphysical definitions no longer apply.

Words evolve. If you knew jack shit about linguistics, you'd know that.

Guest Anonymous

Alright, this is a lost cause. Every valid point I make gets completely missed. First of all I said previously I don't believe in any metaphysical bullshit. And yes, words evolve. But taking a word out of context and applying it to an entirely new idea is not evolution. It's evident you don't understand what you're actually talking about, otherwise you'd actually try to make a new argument apposed to copying what has already been said.

B-but swag has several unrelated meanings!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

I guess the whole thing is that what happened to the word happened, and it'd be hard to change it. In addition, nobody cares enough about the (actually good) points you made to do anything. Sorry.

[Note: Opinions]

Alright, this is a lost cause. Every valid point I make gets completely missed. First of all I said previously I don't believe in any metaphysical bullshit. And yes, words evolve. But taking a word out of context and applying it to an entirely new idea is not evolution. It's evident you don't understand what you're actually talking about, otherwise you'd actually try to make a new argument apposed to copying what has already been said.

"Make a new argument"? We are not trying to argue with you here. We are letting you know that around these parts we refer to non-sentient tulpae as servitors. Don't like it? File a complaint to the Federal Bureau of Linguistics, they'll shut this site down faster than you can say "bullshit no one cares about". Oh, and don't forget to attach a copy of your Advanced Metaphysics diploma for credibility.

IT BEGINS

Even with the traditional view of a servitor from a metaphysical standpoint, non-sentient tulpae could in a way still be considered servitors.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Aww, come on. Don't be mean.

Oh my, I'm so sorry. I must have accidentally dropped a sarcasm bomb while passing through this thread. Usually I'd compensate everyone affected with one Fuck™, but unfortunately I'm all out...

:3

IT BEGINS

Guest Anonymous

What a compelling point you make, Alda. I deeply apologize for being such a dumb-ass and therefore relinquish any previously stated argument because you don't care. Your eloquence is only surpassed by your cutting wit.

I also apologize for claiming to have any knowledge on a subject you so compellingly attack, then claim you don't care about. It was foolish of me to challenge your evident superiority over everyone.

As they say, the less informed a person is in any given subject, the more opinions they are likely to have on it.