curiousity

Tulpa Pet

I don't know how many people had these but when I was a little kid I had imaginary pets, things like tigers and panthers and the animals you couldn't actually keep in your house.

This gives me idea, though. Has anyone ever thought of making a tulpa after an animal with only an animal's level of intelligence/sentience? Could such a thing be done? I think such a thing must fall somewhere between a servitor and tulpa.

Not really, even with low intelligence, it's still a full tulpa. I'd say a line between tulpa and servitor is very clear and thick.

And i'm pretty sure many people have tried this already.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

People get mixed up when it comes to servitors.

Technically a Tulpa is a servitor, ask a few psions/ meta people and some of them will say a Tulpa is just a complicated Servitor.

Servitors can be made to serve a specific purpose like memorisation or as a dream guide, or they can be sentient and still serve a purpose - A lot like a butler. Butlers obey their masters until they die without question, but they are still sentient and have feelings.

The same can be said with Tulpae and Servitors.

Some servitors can be classed as Tulpae, some Tulpae can be classed as Servitors. It is personal opinion. What you call them does not matter. I went through a stage on /mlp/ where I called them Bacon (Back in the day...)

There is no 'I think such a thing must fall somewhere between a servitor and tulpa.'

Plus, to answer your question: Yes, you can make a Tulpa pet.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

Guest Anonymous

Yes, you can.

It is whatever you categorize it as, but your categories will be different than others because people can not decide what to call their imaginary friends. Let's just keep it simple and call everything a construct, servitor, tulpa, whatever. If you're talking about a tiger construct, people can ask for themselves more about it.

Yes it has been done before.

People get mixed up when it comes to servitors.

Technically a Tulpa is a servitor, ask a few psions/ meta people and some of them will say a Tulpa is just a complicated Servitor.

Servitors can be made to serve a specific purpose like memorisation or as a dream guide, or they can be sentient and still serve a purpose - A lot like a butler. Butlers obey their masters until they die without question, but they are still sentient and have feelings.

The same can be said with Tulpae and Servitors.

Some servitors can be classed as Tulpae, some Tulpae can be classed as Servitors. It is personal opinion. What you call them does not matter. I went through a stage on /mlp/ where I called them Bacon (Back in the day...)

There is no 'I think such a thing must fall somewhere between a servitor and tulpa.'

Plus, to answer your question: Yes, you can make a Tulpa pet.

Yeah well... sounds logical.

But I don't really like calling my sister "servitor" though =_=".

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

I do not know of any tulpamancers with animal limited mind tulpas. But, I do know of people with DID alts that are animals such as one that has a dog alt which can only bark/make dog noises.

So a mind friend with an animal level mind should be completely possible.

Yeah that's more what I had in mind when I said it would be akin to a servitor. With only an animal's self-awareness and intelligence. Most people seem to be going for a human-level intelligence and speech abilities. It may be a less involved being to make, with more puppeting.

a Tulpa is just a complicated Servitor.

I'm going with Cruse on this one, yeah it all does make sense, but I wouldn't really call my partner... that word. [Not cool man.]

But being on topic: I guess what ever floats your boat, but I think I speak for the community when I say you should consider making a full fledged tulpa; maybe I'm not speaking for the community, but hey, that's just me.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

Guest lolbatty

One of my tulpa has developed pretty much on his own, with a little positive reinforcement for his behaviors. He's actually ended up more like an animal than a person thus far, but he still displays complex emotions and thought patterns through body language. I don't really mind how he is, and I find communicating with him to be quite interesting because his perspective is almost always different. example: when i asked him if he wanted weapons to use in combat, he requested spur-like blades for his feet so he could disembowel things like a cat or rooster. when asked why he wouldn't come to the beach, he said it was because the ocean was like a great beast roaring at him without pause(a feat he felt could not be matched).

I'm surprised that more people haven't pushed these 'what makes a sentient' boundaries with their tulpa to see what sort of behaviors manifest, try to bring them up in a way that isnt intrinsically human just to SEE what happens? Maybe give them a form that is more alien or animal and see how their perspective develops; how does their thought process not only differs from yours, but also from your species?

I have seen a lot of people saying even from the very beginning that a tulpa's shape should not govern who they are, but even my own TULPA argues that the physical shape and limitations of humans spawned our basic 'modes' of being, thus adding unique details to our existence. I know peoples tulpa will sometimes deviate to human form, but even then I wonder if its because they really want to be human.. or if the host's mind itself is just polluted with pro-human propaganda that pressures them subliminally.

That'd be an interesting poll.

TL;DR, You can have a full fledged tulpa that looks and or behaves like a pet, and just because their interactions aren't human norm does not make them any less insightful.