GPS: Goal-Pursuit-Script; Switching with Servitors

Sing

Anyways, I was thinking over AGI theory and servitors. One of the biggest hurdles in AI/AGI is being able to code in the ability to learn; an ability that all humans have at their core.

Now the biggest thing regarding Servitors I've heard from folks is to keep them under your thumb, and they must complete tasks without deviation. Well and good.

So I was playing around with the Paperclip Maximizer theory and the ability of the human brain. Most folks have goals they hope to achieve, but they

allow personal things to get in the way. They want sleep, they want time away from the work. A computer exists to complete tasks regardless of environment.

So say the program is done like this; bear with my limited coding ability. This is essentially in an HTML (not technically code) style with made up aspects for ease of reading.

Lose 10lbs

Score 93%+ on test/exam.

Keep house clean

Must maintain physical well being.

Must allow original personality to override CODE at will.

So has anyone tried switching with a servitor? Opinions on someone trying such a thing?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switching with a servitor... that actually sounds pretty damn interesting.

I'm monitoring this thread.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Much as switching with a servitor sounds interesting, it also doesn't sound like something I'd want to try. Especially with one made in HTML.

Oh god.

>HTML

>HTML

I'm sorry, but

>HTML

>tfw your HTML servitor crashes your body

>dialogue boxes

>dialogue boxes everywhere

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

I think the main problem here is that HTML

DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

You need a browser servitor and/or a server servitor to even use the HTML servitor page. That's besides some sort of servitor network needed to connect the two. Oh, and what you get in the end is just a list.

Yeah, 7/10 for ideas but 1/10 for programming. Maybe try some other language.

Err, you don't want poor optimisation in your servitor, so web dev languages are out.

Java; if you're willing to install a virtual machine servitor, then fine. Also, exploits. Would that be like hypnosis?

Python is great but doesn't compile. Interpreter servitor?

I guess you could go with the classic C/C++. But you're a beginner. What if you forget a semicolon? Do you have a seizure?

What would a stack overflow give you? Would it overwrite your childhood memories? Would you go comatose from a segfault; novices have trouble with pointers, you know.

I think the only solution is COBOL. Yes, learn COBOL, and make a servitor in COBOL. Then let your COBOL servitor have complete control of your body.

Oh, I am enjoying this thread.

Guest BrownSubmarine

L\ I don't get why would you like to use computer programming language while you could program using most abstract and highest level "language" that human could ever use - raw thought.

Double check my original post.

"This is essentially in an HTML (not technically code) style with made up aspects for ease of reading."

I used HTML purely for the sake of getting the idea across while still being easy to read; even those not familiar with actual code.

Have to keep in mind that the mind should be able to do with things without as much hand holding as a computer though.

For pete's sake people, the code language doesn't matter.

That being said, this sounds equally interesting and dangerous. Care to volunteer yourself as a test subject? :P

I was running over the risks of what could happen if someone fully fledged themselves to an experiment like this. If you consider the idea that someone can have the servitor setup to allow the creator to override and experience life or have a personality, it brings up the question of how much that would affect the efficiency. Say the same mental set up on the same creator is run for one week, where in one instance the creator takes over for an hour every night, and the other instance where he doesn't jump in for the entire week.

Or if you want to get really crazy and or risky; extend that time period into multiple weeks (even a month+) without creator intervention.

Doesn't Oni have a servitor he can switch with?

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)