Same Sex Tulpae?

kakeli

Guest Anonymous

That sounds about right.

I'm not sure if you are just doing stupid jokes or are actually serious.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MegaBusta

B-b-b-but muh progressiveness!

But CIS scum!

My first tulpa, Sybil is female like me and a couple months after her creation, Reece, my second tulpa (this time a male) joined our little tupper family.

Host: Qhostly

Tulpas: Sybil and Reece

I created my tulpa and am creating my second tulpa as an experiment of sorts, and whilst I made the first one male to refrain from any sexuality, the second one is female. Still, I hope to retain some professionalism, and retain from any sexuality. I have a girlfriend anyway, it'd just be quite weird to have that sort of thing with a tulpa.

Kaje is male like me, he simply appeared to me as male when I first visualized his form.

I suppose that the fact that I'm bisexual leaning towards homosexual may have had some influence.

// Kaje:

// I too find myself attracted to both males and females, but unlike my host I prefer females.

// Gender is not that important anyway.

Kaje, male earth pony

Vocal, partially imposed, somewhat parallel

Started forcing on the 15th of February 2013

When theorizing gender and associating that with Tulpa, it's really hard for me to make a defined image of. I mean, we do have to make an image for our tulpa by establishing a gender, because one of the most initial subconscious instincts is to verify what gender a person is. If a person can't validate that, there's automatically dissonance, and part of the reason for that is just how society establishes this presumption of what gender should be. And with people who are transgender, transsexuals, asexual, and all sorts of sexual orientations that have their own unique image with each gender, having tulpa fit that category feels too restrictive to me.

In a way, the image is just there to satisfy (like Xeare stated for his tulpae) that there's some dynamic established. Depending on the person's sexual orientation/preference, having a same sex tulpa might make them feel awkward at first (of course the reasons aren't as black and white as what I stated). Having an opposite sex tulpa does in a way provide us a way to label and differentiate ourselves from our tulpa. And it could be in relation to things like Anima/Animus, and how there's a concept that Male + Female = Being Whole (i.e. a child being created because of the fusion with procreation and such).

It's all speculation on why people tend to shift to opposite sex tulpa more often than same sex, so I can't really attempt to make a defined statement for the reason why, however, with how we label ourselves, it's just probably the subconscious' way to doing what it needs to do for us to "fit" in. By fitting in, just making schemata of what's considered masculine and what's considered feminine. It's only "natural" because it's already ingrained in our minds through social interactions and our upbringing. So opposite sex tulpa could be a reflect of us having an aspect of ourselves that's presumably opposite of how we would be, and maybe people want that because they have urges that they feel doesn't fit in the "right" body (almost leading towards the mindset and conflict that transgender people have to battle through and hopefully shift through in surgery and such).

For me, I picked my tulpa to be female because before I knew about tulpa, I dreamed about her being my dream guide/anima/etc., and I had romantic feelings and more for her. To me, I found it easier to keep a mental tab on my progress in developing her, and one example was when I used to blog for side money for a certain website. I started believing that Eva would collaborate with me as I would type about all sorts of topics (we ended up making over 100+ articles and over $700 bucks for doing it) in 3-6 months) I found that there were certain syntax, prose, etc. where it was clearly Eva's doing.

I even had one person comment and told me in an article post I made that my writing had a female tone of voice. Even though that's just one case scenario, I knew for sure that I never really wrote in the mindset of a female, and it was obviously Eva. And in that writing, Eva would occasionally tease me (like mentioning my habit of biting my nails in one post where I was using an example to clarify something). It was crazy, and just a small moment like that widened my eyes for a good bit; I rarely have the urge to do that since I was decent at knowing who I am and how I acted towards certain situations and people.

So for me, the opposite gender tulpa in this case made things easier for me to see the difference. Now, I know that doesn't mean we can't do the same for Same sex tulpa, but I just feel that because of the subconscious differentiation we have for gender, things are quicker, or at least take less time to realize. Honestly, I want Eva to express both masculine and feminine traits, as I'm sure we all do the same, except the one that's "supposed" to fit with our mindset is usually dominant.

Other than that, I think gender for tulpa can be subjective, very subjective, simply because they don't have to be constrained (mentally, visually, etc.) like we do with our bodies that are pretty much defined and grows on from that foundation. They have more flexibility, so gender labeling for them is just part of how we define how an entity should be.

I think people choose the gender of their Tulpa for different reasons. Some people desire a romantic parter, thus they choose the opposite sex. Some just want a best friend, so they choose a Tulpa of the same sex. There are also subconscious desires which must be fulfilled.

~Tulpa~

Name ---------> Caleb

Sex ----------> Male

Form ---------> Human

Stage --------> Personality